Live Q&A w/ Comic Creators Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti, Team on HARLEY QUINN & POWER GIRL, Thurs 3/26 1pm PT/4pm ET

Live Q&A w/ Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti! Thurs March 26th @1:00pm PT/4:00pm ET!

Facebook

Starting Thursday, March 26th at 1:00pm PT/4:00pm ET, we’ll be hosting a LIVE Q&A with the powerhouse comic creator couple Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti! Known individually for their incredible contributions, they are together best known for their work contributing to Harley Quinn and Power Girl.

Please try to limit the number of questions asked to 1-2; this way, everyone has a chance to get a response in the limited time we have :slight_smile: Thanks!

Add your questions in the comments below, and come back at 1:00pm PST/4:00pm EST on Thursday, March 26th to read Amanda & Jimmy’s answers LIVE!

4 Likes

Hey, Amanda Connor and that guy are back!

So, my question: :thinking: Um…I can’t think of any! :woman_shrugging:

Okay, hi!! 🙋

:harley_hv_7:

5 Likes

Hi guys! I love your work on Harley Quinn together, but I think a book that’s underrated is your Starfire book. It was so good! Would you love to work with her character again?

4 Likes

How amazed or surprised were you 2 when you saw the birds of prey was based off you run on the comic series?

3 Likes

I like Red Tool as a character. I love that he tries to protect Harley even when she can fend for herself.
Any chances future works will feature him a little more…maybe more backstory?

4 Likes

Greetings & salutations! How do you always manage to make your characters look 3-Dimensional?
-M

5 Likes

With Amanda doing the interiors (along with the covers) for Harley Quinn & the Birds of Prey, did either of you find yourselves changing how you were tackling this series versus how you’d written any of your previous Harley stories?

2 Likes

Jimmy: Your run on Jonah Hex with Justin Gray is my all time favorite Western comic. While we’re all cooped up, what’s your recommendation list for western movies that Jonah Hex fans would love?

Amanda: We have GOT to talk about the costume you designed for Cassandra Cain (as featured in the solicits for HARLEY QUINN AND THE BIRDS OF PREY #3)! It’s such an incredible blend of adorability and badassery, which couldn’t be more on brand for Cass. Can you tell us about how this new look came to be?

7 Likes

What would it take to win Harley Quinn’s heart? Is it possible for someone without superpowers, or not being a villain, like me to achieve Harley’s affection?

4 Likes

First of all thank you for answering all our questions since a lot of us are quarantined. Now on to my question. How easy is it to collaborate with your spouse and what character do you hope to work on together that you haven’t yet?

4 Likes

Is Big Tony influenced by Glenn Danzig? If he is influenced by Danzig which of you are the bigger Danzig fan?

6 Likes

Which one of u is the huge music fan? Especially the 80’s. Was I wrong in assuming a cat with the name tag Devo on its collar was a shout out to that band? 2nd question. Was that cat a real life pet?

3 Likes

Loved the Irving Klaw reference in issue #19 of the 2013 series. Do you guys practice?

Also, the scatula is AWESOME!

2 Likes

Hi Amanda and Jimmy! Astounding work on Harley Quinn. The character wouldn’t be anywhere had it not been for you two.

So I ordered a collectors edition of MAD from May 2009 for a nostalgia trip and who’s that artist I see?

That’s one of the funniest sections of the whole book and this is pre-Harley Quinn Amanda Conner. What was it like contributing to MAD? And how would each of you describe your pre-Harley Quinn selves?

Writer/artist power couples are the best, my girlfriend and I mess around with cartoons. Here’s one in progress.

Haha, because Atlases are maps and she drew the titan. First in the “Oh no” series.

5 Likes

Question for Jimmy:

What’s a funny/cool story that you can share from your time in Marvel Knights?

Question for Amanda:

You mentioned in an interview that you and Jimmy arethe King and Queen of the red flags at DC.

What were some red flags that were vetoed from DC?

2 Likes

Hello there
So my question is are there any other characters either of you have wanted to do that you haven’t done yet?

1 Like

What makes a comic book story really go pop! for you guys?

2 Likes

Question for Jimmy:
Comic writing collaborations seem rare, but when they work, they really work. What are some of the skills someone needs to be a great collaborator?

Question for Amanda:
Does the fact that you and Jimmy are both artists provide a “universal language” between you two when you are working on a project together?

3 Likes

Amanda, in the past you’ve said that your goal was to give Harley a wide variety of outfits, because who only goes out in one thing all the time? So my question is, which design has been your favorite for her so far?

And to the both of you, how did you decide on your approach for her when you started the series?

3 Likes

Amanda, I love your artwork, but when it comes to shading, and crosshatching, it seems like you have little of both. How do you make your art so amazing without much detail?
Also wondering how you keep your faces so consistent in every one of your works?

2 Likes