Live Q&A w/ Cameron Cuffe, Star of Syfy's Krypton, TODAY 5pm-6pm PST!🌖

All right everyone, we’re settling in!

4 Likes

Were you a big fan of DC and/or Superman prior to taking on the role? Also what kind of material did you consult when preparing for Seg-El? I.e. any particular comics stick out?

4 Likes

What’s up everyone, how’s it going?

17 Likes

Hi @ thecameroncuffe!

We’re so glad to have you here. Thanks for joining us. =)

6 Likes

@JLWWSM asks:
“What was your reaction when you first saw the set of the fortress of solitude?”

Completely awestruck to be stepping into something so iconic, into something from Superman mythology. It was so awesome we were finally getting to tell a story in that place!

14 Likes

Hi Cameron! I hope you’re having an incredible day. I was wondering what you favorite kind of Kryptonite is? Along with which comic book hero do you think has the best orgin story besides Superman?

2 Likes

Hey Cameron… just to say love Krypton and also how open and honest you have been on social media. My question is… do you foresee Seg and Kal ever meeting each other through the magic of time travel? Obviously with Adam and Zod traveling through time the creators have opened that door.

1 Like

Hey bud, are there any storylines that you’d like to see adapted in Krypton?

@YoYoFroYo asks:
“What was it like seeing brainiac in full makeup and costume for the first time? Also, pineapple on pizza?”

Seeing Brainiac for the first time was so incredible because it’s all practical! Also, Blake’s boice in person is not modulated. He gives an incredible performance, and he’s such a wonderful sweet guy so to see him transform into a monster is terrifying. Also, as a fan of the comic books one of my favorites growing up is superman/brainiac (Geoff Johns and Gary Frank) its very much inspired by their interpretation of it, To see that done in live action was incredible.

Pineapple on pizza? Yeah sure, go for it, why not.

11 Likes

@Vroom asks:

“As a knowledgeable fan of the Superman franchise, who is your #1 favorite Superman comic book artist and do you have a favorite Superman comic book series?”

Well start first- I think my favorite Supes artist is Gary Frank. He does a tremendous job of creating his own Superman but there are just enough subtle tributes to interpretations throughout the years. Actually, even hints of Christopher Reeve in there. A timeless Superman. I look at pictures of Gray Frank Superman and think, that’s my Superman.

Favorite series, gosh. It’s so hard to say because there are so many different arcs and runs that are truly incredible ,but whenever Geoff Johns works on Superman he completely understands and gets the voice. I really adored his Action Comics run with Gary Frank.

13 Likes

Anything you can tell us about LOBO in the upcoming season?

3 Likes

Hey, dude. Uh, so, were you ever scared of stabbing yourself in the leg with that crystal key?

1 Like

@Nathan.Payson asks:
“When you were around 9, you starred in a New Year’s Eve Short. What do you remember from that experience and how did that get you to where you are today?”

First, congrats on finding that! Only my mother has seen it. It was immensely important to me. if twas the thing that made me want to be an actor. I always did it in school and it was really fun but a casting director came to my school in north London and asked if any kids wanted to be cast.

I was surrounded by ll these wonderful people doing intricate and specific and interesting jobs and I was fascinated by the whole process. By the end of it I got 100 pounds. I asked my mom was 10-- pounds a for because 100. pounds is a lot of comic books to a9 year old and she said it was what you got paid to do the film and it was the first time I realize people got paid to act. And once I figured that out I realized there was nothing else for me.

10 Likes

rac7d.82001 asks:
“Who is your favorite villain on the show and why?”

The thing is the cool thing about the show is that there are no real heroes or villains in the sense that everyone has a motivation to do what they do. In that sense my favorite villain is General Zod because he’s tremendously motivated. All he wants to do is save his home.

SPOILER WARNING

Unlike what Adam Strange initially thinks, he didn’t come back in time to destroy Superman, he just wants to save Krypton. He evens tells Seg he took no pleasure in being Superman’s enemy. He was just doing what he had to do in order to survive. HE even saves Seg’s life. I really really enjoy watching Colin work I think he’s a terminus actor and I’ve learned so much from him personally and professionally an I love what he does with the role he is forever my General Zod.

10 Likes

Diego asks:
“If you could play other dc hero, which one would it be?”

I don’t want to be greedy…Gosh, there are so many and the cool thing is there are things I would love to do in live action and animation. In animation I would love to have a crack at Superman! In live action I’ve always been fascinated by the character of Jason Todd, if I was going to a villain i would like to play Leonard Snart. The biggest one I would most love to play, if you give me 10 years to age up properly, and dye my hair peroxide blonde, I would love to play Constantine. I think that would be wicked. He’s such a fascinating character.

15 Likes

Have you directed an episode yet? If yes what was that like and if no is it something you would be up for? Also… WHERE ARE THE DRAGON THINGS THE RUSSELL CROW FLEW AROUND ON IN MAN OF STEEL??? Love those things and hoped to see them in the show.

1 Like

Reg asks:
“What been the most challenging stunt for to do on set?”

When I was being sucked into the Phantom Zone. There are so many awesome fight scene which are challenging and fun to do I really do enjoy stunts and I ask them to let me do everything I possibly can. The most challenging was easily being sucked into the Phantom Zone because I had to be in a harness upside down for 3 hours. Being pulled 20 feet into the air was so much fun but you get a headache. Fortunately they gave me some breaks here and there but harnesses, not os comfortable.

The guy who does the wirework for Krypton worked on the original Superman!

11 Likes

@The Amazing Turnip Girl asks:
“Why Do All The Kryptonians Have British Accents?”

Because we’re all from England.

14 Likes

Kari “The Kai-bo” Duet asks:
“What cheese would Seg-El prefer: aged Cheddar or a nice Asiago?”

This is the kind of hard-hitting journalism people want to see. I think Seg, like the actor who plays him, would go for a nice mature cheddar.

9 Likes

Tricia Saw Shazam asks:
“How does it feel to be part of the dc universe as a whole?”

It’s an honor. One of the things I love the most about being an actor is you get a chance to be a part of something more important than you. The story is more important than the individual. The definition of movie magic is so many people have to come together to create something where the sum is greater than the parts. When you add something like the dc universe to that it’s a true mythology. these characters will last long after me, to get to play a character in that mythology is a true honor.

12 Likes