LIVE Q&A: DOOM PATROL WRITERS Shoshana Sachi & Tom Farrell! Monday, April 6th @5pm PT/8pm ET

What was the hardest episode to write and why.

1 Like

Can I just say this show is literally amazing. Thank you for giving us a show that you can actually relate to its character
Q1: For season 2 can we get a rita and larry episode?
Q2: can larry get a love intrest?!? Its been what 50 years :joy:
Thanks to everyone on this show

3 Likes

Doom Patrol season 1 blew me away. Thanks to this app and other means, I was able to read every volume of Doom Patrol. So worth it. This show should have been nominated for the Larry Negative Man stuff, alone. Keep up the good work. Proud to be a DC Fan.

4 Likes

Question 1: Do you both think that Larry Trainor and Flex Mentallo look up to Agent Charles Forsythe almost as a father figure because of how much he cared to push them to their highest potential under the careful, helpful, and loving watch of the Bureau of Normalcy?

Question 2: When in the writer’s room, how is each episode divided amongst each of the writers and how much time do you get to write each episode?

1 Like

Hi and thank you for doing this!
I hope that y’all are safe and healthy.
Here are my questions.

1. What is it like working with a co-writer?
  2. What do you do when you have writers block?

Thanks again for taking time to answer the communitys questions
5:30pmEST
Welcome to the community everyone!
7:35pm

2 Likes

I never in my wildest dreams would have expected so many aspects of Grant Morrison’s Doom Patrol run to be incorporated in the series particularly Flex Mentallo.

The first season planted the potential of further exploring his past with the mention of “Wally Sage” so I’m curious if not only is Flex returning but if you’ll be delving into his origins in Season 2?

-If the question above delves into too much spoiler territory and you can’t answer, then I’m curious how far into the process of making the show DP was intended to take place in the same universe of Titans before deciding to keep DP separate?

1 Like

Okay so I deleted my previous post because I realized you said only one to two questions :frowning: Oh well! Here’s my biggest and most pressing two:

1. Do you think that the Negative Spirit, being an interdimensional alien being, could be nonbinary?
  2. What was the Negative Spirit’s thought process when Larry tried to sacrifice his life for it?

Also, here’s a third semi-question that’s more of a congratulation: did you do research on Jane’s disorder? I have DID too, and you’re the most respectful and kind portrayal of DID I have EVER seen. Thank you so much for her.

3 Likes

What was it like writing for a character like Danny when you knew the actors would have to play off a non-living entity?

2 Likes

Hey, everyone- So excited to welcome all the new folks to the forums! We’re about to get started here, so grab your drinks and your snacks and settle in for today’s edition of Q&A Patrol!

9 Likes

Hey Everyone! Tom Farrell here! Can’t wait to dive into all these awesome questions with Shoshana! We promise to get to as many as we can! Let’s do this! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hey everyone! We’re here, and we’re going to try and get to all your questions-- there’s so many, so bear with us! So nice to see that people are keen to know more about our weird show!
Refer to Tom for more intellectual responses.

12 Likes

What was your Favorite part of the Danny Patrol Episode?

1 Like

Anyone want popcorn? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
8:02p

1 Like

what kind. we need specifics

5 Likes

Well, I have a ton of different kinds.
What kind do you want?
8:03p

1 Like

That’s such a tough call! But I’d have to say shooting the “People Like Us” musical number with Matt Bomer, Alan Mingo Jr. and Matt Zuk was definitely a highlight. Everyone was just so happy to be there, every department in production absolutely killed it, and we genuinely just had a great time.

9 Likes

My favorite part personally was the character of Moira Lee Karupt. I think Tom did an amazing job with her, and the actor did such fabulous work bringing her to life. She felt so real and so a part of the Danny Street community.

8 Likes

x100 butter please

9 Likes

Writing for Danny was such a blast! A challenge for sure though. I absolutely had to remind myself that Danny probably doesn’t speak in long monologues. Haha. The wonderful thing about Danny is just how much they can convey with so little words. That was a fun challenge to write to.

9 Likes

Will we see more of flex? Will we see more of Jane’s personalities? Will cliff try to connect with his daughter? Can we have ten more seasons?