LIVE Q&A: Director of DCU All Star Games Jon Lee Brody! Friday, April 3rd @7:00pm PST/10:00pm EST

Facebook
Starting Friday, April 3rd at 7:00pm PST/10:00pm EST, we’ll be hosting a LIVE Q&A with the esteemed director of DCU All Star Games, Jon Lee Brody! In addition to his work behind the camera producing, writing, and directing, you can also find JLB’s talents on-screen as an actor and stuntman.

What considerations need to be made when filming a tabletop game? What challenges and opportunities has Jon encountered during his journey through film?

Add your questions in the comments below, and come back at 7:00pm PST/10:00pm EST on Friday, April 3rd to hear Jon’s answers LIVE!

6 Likes

Thank you, Jon. This gaming experience has been extremely fun. Awesome look, sound, and vibe. So, how has this project changed the way you view and play games? Also, were you equipped with your Nightwing garb while directing this piece?

7 Likes
  1. Do you have any pitches for other possible DCU shows, scripted or unscripted?

2. Is James Wan returning your calls after you got that Conjuring 2 question wrong?

6 Likes

If they decide to do more seasons of All Star Games do you have a wish list of players and games that you would like to see being done? Thanks for taking time to answer our questions.

6 Likes

Can you reveal why episode six is branded as a “bonus” episode?

4 Likes

Would you do Batman siege on Gotham city the board game for next season? Maybe do something like a different game per episode as well? There’s so many games out there to do this with! Could we still make the show while everyone is quarantined? There’s going to be another season, right?

2 Likes

I really do like the show!

3 Likes

What was your favorite board game growing up?

Who is your favorite DC character and why?

2 Likes

If you do another season, will you be bringing in more folks from your GEGGHEAD group to play a new game?

What advice can you give up-and-coming producers & directors who are trying to break into the film industry?

4 Likes

When I think about other RPG shows, from heavy-hitters like Critical Role and The Adventure Zone to lesser-known darlings like Relics & Rarities, they are usually these massive, sweeping campaigns with complex storylines and large casts of characters, with episodes spanning an hour to three hours (with livestreamed events sometimes going longer).

The Breakfest League, in comparison, is fairly self-contained, utilizes visual aides/effects for the story and is doled out in these tightly edited, half-hour chunks.

How did you and your production team land on that unique format for this type of show?

2 Likes

Hello
What was you favorite part of directing All Star Games.

2 Likes

This was an awesome show I really hope there’s a season 2 I mean if you could get Michael rosenbaum probably not Justin Hartley anymore but there are plenty of people from the old Smallville Glory days or friends of Sam’s that I bet would love to play. Not that I was not happy with the current act cuz they were awesome. To be honest I was just as excited to watch this each week as I was Harley Quinn and you got an Harley Quinn show on DC universe is the best thing they’ve ever produced and this is a close second.

2 Likes

Hey all! We’ll be getting started here in just a few minutes :slight_smile: Settle in, grab yourself a drink or a snack, and get ready for the wit and wisdom of one @jonleebrody!

5 Likes

Hello Jon, I really love the show, I never thought I enjoy watching a show like this, couple of questions,

1. Was this (6 episodes) all filmed in 1 day?
  2. As a director was there any scene you had to do retakes?
    Thankyou for your time.:slightly_smiling_face:
3 Likes

Whats up everyone!! I thought about being fashionably late but then I realized I’d have no reason to do so. I mean. Quarantine and all. haha. So happy to be here and thank you all for joining. I see that some of you already had questions so I’m gonna dig into them now. Lets rock n roll! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

There’s such a thing as being fashionably on time! Great to have you, JLB- thanks so much for joining us :smiley:

4 Likes

So cool to have a Director here for Q&A, Hello @jonleebrody!:grinning::film_projector::clapper::mega::desktop_computer:

4 Likes

Whats up, Cody! Welcome man! Thank you so much for your kind words. It was definitely a team effort. Not sure if this project changed the way i view and changes games. I consider myself an OG nerd. playing RPGs and loving comic books before it was cool. But what it did do, however, is give me fresh ideas on how to film it. If we get a season two I’ll be sure to implement those ideas!

And i’m ALWAYS equipped with my Nightwing garb! :wink:

5 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes
  1. Absolutely! I’m a lifelong DC fan. I actually wrote a spec script for Titans and Legends of Tomorrow. And I’d love a shot at directing the narrative format shows in the world of DC. And I will say that we’re kicking around an idea for season two of All Star games if we get one.

2. hahaha! James always takes my calls. He coulda gotten rid of me years ago but now were at point of no return. He’s a great friend of mine and a great mentor.

8 Likes