Live Channel?

Am I the only one who wants a 24 hour live feed added to the Universe? I mean, they can run animated series from 6am to noon and run live action series and movies from noon to 6am. Also, they could run commercials and help keep the cost down for subscribers. I’m not saying add commercials to the on demand feature, just a live stream. I just think it would be nice to just flip it on and let it play sometimes without searching titles.

14 Likes

I’d really enjoy that

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. I know sometimes they do that with their DC YouTube channels.

2 Likes

I know the WWE has a live channel in their app, so hopefully. Granted, they need the CW shows and Smallville for a good variety, but with the animated and live action films, they could make it work. Maybe even add in shows like Tales From the Crypt, Man From Atlantis, Chuck, iZombie, and so on that would actually fit the bill.

2 Likes

Tales From The Crypt isn’t DC

That would be cool if they did! :slight_smile:

1 Like

TX, I said Crypt would fit. Not DC but based on comics. Chuck and Man From Atlantis are also not DC.

1 Like

OMG Love this idea you should submit it to DC Universe’s MODs. It seams like somthing they would do

2 Likes

Jason, how do I submit to them?

yeah they need more I was hoping to find all the movies and dc shows but its very little for the money spent. I do not read comics anymore so that section is not for me anymore. I came to watch things but its very limited.

1 Like

@movieaddict, no worries, I’ve made note of your recommendation and shared it with the team :slight_smile: Thank you for posting such on the forums for us, as well - such a concept’s definitely great food for thought, and is very much appreciated!

2 Likes

MissInk, glad you saw it. I’ve always wanted a live channel of just comics based programming, and this is the best shot for it.

1 Like

I would love a live channel. They can also put DC Daily into it and then make it available on demand for those who miss it. I’m sure there are other potential studio shows they can do with it live. I mean they can do much more with that studio than only a 25-30 minute DC Daily show.

2 Likes

DJ, I agree completely. I would like to see the Daily show expanded to an hour, giving more details in the news and having more interviews as well. I love the discussion. Maybe they could draw it out as well, some of the discussions need more than 10 minutes. I can even see character documentaries produced exclusively for the Universe that could air. If I had free reign to air whatever shows I wanted, I can easily set up a good line-up, I’ll put a bit of it in the next post.

1 Like

6am Filmation DC hour, 7am Hanna Barbera heroes hour, 8am Super Friends hour, 9am Teen Titans and Powerpuff Girls, 10am Batman and Superman animated series, 11 Justice League and Batman Beyond/Zeta Project. Then you can alternate to short run shows on the weekend.

1 Like

Noon to 2 sees Smallville, 2pm The Flash, 3pm Arrow, 4pm Lois and Clark, 5pm DC Daily, 6pm Gotham, 7pm Chuck, 8-10pm short lived series and the Universe originals on Friday, then repeat the shows until 6am.

1 Like

I’d love this. Would probably give me a reason to watch live TV again.

1 Like