live action

Which live action adaptation (tv or movie) do you think is best and which do you think is most accurate to source material?

For best I have to say Smallville. As for most accurate I chose the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Let me know what you guys think!

1 Like

Shazam is the most accurate if you just replace Black Adam with Zivana. Its very clearly an adaptation Geoff Johns run on the character.

Id say the best is The Dark Knight Trilogy. For me its one of my favorite trilogies period.

1 Like

The Dark Knight movies are accurate to which Batman comics specifically? Please point us to the Batman comics where the stories and characters resemble the ones we saw in those movies.

1 Like

Best: Superman: The Movie and The Dark Knight Trilogy

Accurate: Aquaman, Shazam!, STM and Wonder Woman.

2 Likes

Most accurate: Watchmen and 300
Best is the Snyder trilogy: M o S is the only superman I have liked so far in live action. wonder woman was also brilliant. B v S ties the two together nicely.
Honorable mentions:
Batman begins and the dark knight
Sin City 1 &2
Batman '89
Polar
Doom Patrol
Titans

2 Likes

Its new, but I already think Doom Patrol is DC’s best Live action adaptation.

I have a soft spot for the Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy and the first two Christopher Reeve Superman movies though

2 Likes

Man of steel and man of steel and man of steel. Next.

2 Likes

Best: Wonder Woman
Accurate: Watchmen
Most Important: Batman ‘66 series (While it almost killed the Bat, when the “batmania” bubble burst. It cemented him as the most versatile of all DC characters, made him rather than Superman, DC’s premier character & forever gave him a recurring place in pop culture because of his versatility. Every generation has “its” Batman.)

I loved MoS, WW, and Aquaman. Nolan’s BB and TDK were superb. But I really hope they do not screw up The Flash movie because he is overshadowed by the others so much that they will only get one shot to win audiences. Ezra just has to learn to run normal (end of JL).

The Dark Knight trilogy

1 Like

@Montyotho Took care of a duplicate post for ya!

@Iamthefutureflash, I like how Ezra’s running appears to take into account the increased friction from the air, because when you’re moving that fast, the air would probably feel like more of a thick fluid that takes strength to push through.