Limited Edition Superman #1 Kaskade Comic Cover

Just got an email from DCUI that said this:

Don’t miss out! Here’s your opportunity to shop the DC COMICS x KASKADE SUPERMAN COLLECTION before going on sale to the general public.

Just a reminder…being a DC UNIVERSE INFINITE member has its perks. Enjoy this Early Access Code*:

Instructions for Early Access:

1. Navigate to https://kaskadesuperman.electricfamily.com
  2. Click on “ENTER USING PASSWORD”
  3. Enter the Early Access code above
  4. Shop the DC COMICS x KASKADE SUPERMAN COLLECTION!

The problem is…no password was needed. No Early Access Code was needed. It appears to be available to anyone that visits that site. I bought the Superman #1 Kaskade Cover and am happy to have it but this seems like a mistake. I never had to enter a presale code at any time, not to shop, not to add things to my cart and not to checkout. I don’t want this to be another Justice League Funko Pops situation where the public has access to something that is supposed to be only for us DCUI subscribers so I’m posting this now and will tag the @moderators in hopes that this can be fixed. Soon.

The cover itself looks very cool and I hope I’m one of the first 100 people that bought it to get it autographed by Kaskade. Looking forward to getting this in November and thanks for the opportunity but I really hope my fellow DCUI subscribers aren’t left out of this one because of a technical glitch again.

3 Likes

Hi there! Thanks for the tag, @FelixLeiter! :v:

Looking into the email myself, it looks like there’s some fine print towards the bottom that indicates the pre-sale codes were only valid for an hour.

Early Access code valid from 9:00 AM PT to 9:59 AM PT on September 16, 2021.

I confirmed this to be the case with the team, so rest assured that everything is working as intended for Early Access folks. It seems you may have missed the opening in this case, which is why you were allowed in without a password (sorry about that :frowning:).

Hope this helps clarify the issue here!

2 Likes

I didn’t even get the email until 10:22am PT, over 20 minutes after my “exclusive access window” ended so…that’s not ideal. :disappointed: There’s gotta be a way to get this to us earlier, right? I love the perks of being on here but this is two exclusive offers that I didn’t get to take part in purely because of technical glitches that I had nothing to do with.

I’m glad I was able to get this item but would love to have had the early access intended for me as a DCUI subscriber. Doubtful I got an autographed copy, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Hmmm, I’ll go ahead and log this case then. There might be some sort of “staggering” feature in place between emails due to the high volume of contacts they need to reach all at once, so it might need to be looked into for time-sensitive offers like this.

Thanks again for reporting this and providing that screenshot for us. I’m sorry again for the inconvenience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. :heart:

2 Likes

I understand we’ve turned a lot of things over to automation and that y’all are doing the best you can but I hope you understand how frustrating this is for the consumer. The people that have been subscribers for years now and who feel like we’re getting the short end of the stick every…single…time there’s an exclusive offer like this. I understand that this is not your doing and I appreciate you taking the time to address the situation and log this case but man…when you have an offer that’s only good for one hour and your customers don’t even get the offer until over 20 minutes after its expired…that’s not acceptable. That’s gotta be thought about in advance and not just noted for next time.

This is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it’s a big deal to us. We’re here and we’re subscribers because we love DC Comics. We want all the DC we can get and when there are things that are offered just to us we at least want the access intended for us. I feel like an afterthought when I get the email 22 minutes after the presale ends and I hate that feeling. It’s not the first time I’ve felt that way with exclusive offers on here and I keep thinking it’ll change - next time they’ll do it right and make sure we’re taken care of but here we are again with me being an afterthought that doesn’t get to take advantage of the opportunity.

It is what it is, again - there’s a billion things in life that matter more than this but this is bothering me not because it happened but because it happened again. I have no confidence at all that the next time there’s an exclusive offer for DCUI subscribers that I’ll actually get to take advantage before the general public. None. I don’t want to make this out to be a huge injustice but I want to make it clear to the powers that be that how things like this have been handled in the first eight months of DCUI are not acceptable to those of us that are subscribers and this is the only avenue I have to express that frustration, disappointment and sentiment.

3 Likes

I completely understand that frustration. I’m so sorry you were made to feel that way – your feelings are not only valid, but incredibly important to us in matters like this. I will absolutely make sure this is reported properly for further insight and thank you again for sharing that with me.

The truth will always be that every single one of you are the grand scheme of things, so we are always willing to hear anything you have to offer regarding our service, whether it be positive or negative or big or small. You are the ones this platform is for, and this is most certainly your space for airing out any frustrations. You’re helping make it a better experience for everyone by taking that step, so again, I appreciate you bringing it up and tagging us for exposure of the issue.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience @FelixLeiter.

It was pretty cool that you got that random email. I wonder if it was based on your specific interests?

Still, I wish it worked out better for you. :pleading_face:

1 Like

You didn’t even get the email?

1 Like

Nope.

That is…odd. I have no idea why that would be the case. Are you a subscriber or just a member of the boards?

1 Like