LGBTQIA+ Comics Fans

Are there any DC comics fans from the LGBTQIA+ community, lol me?

If so, does that play into your favorite characters or storylines?

What would you like to see different in comics?

Me, personally, I wish there were more Midnighter stories. I freaking love Midnighter. He’s such a badass and he happens to be gay.

Also, where are the transgender superheroes?

6 Likes

Hi @McKenan! We have quite a few LGBTQ+ fans here on DC Universe. Can I recommend checking out this thread: https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/betaparticipants/lgbt-dc-fans, where you will meet some of my friends. :slight_smile:

Also, yes I would love to see more Midnighter and I have provided details of transgender DC characters previously in the thread I linked you to. I am super happy to have more LGBT+ representation here in the Community and look forward to speaking with you again! #SeeYouAtGothamPride

4 Likes

What HP said, plus of course even though it’s not on the page, but Nicole Maines on Supergirl is a huge deal for trans representation. I do seek out queer representation specifically and so Batwoman is probably my favorite character. I cannot wait to see Ruby Rose as Kate. Also, Puddin, sorry for the stupid question but what is Gotham Pride? Is that a DC LGBTQ event?

3 Likes

I wish it was, @Mae!

2 Likes

Sigh

Here’s to hoping they finally acknowledge Doctor Occult as a non-binary parable.

have you read Steve Orlando’s Midnighter yet?

What’s the Q I And A for?

1 Like

Q stands for Queer. But I’m not aware of the other two.

Q: “Questioning.” Some people are still discovering their sexuality, and that’s okay. (It is also used to stand for “Queer” in the truncated “LGBTQ” as a catch all for those who do not identify as cisgender heterosexual.)

I: “Intersex.” People with physical characteristics of both male and female sexes. About 1 in 2,000 people are born intersex.

A: “Asexual.” (That’s me!) People with no physical attraction to any sex. (Sometimes it is ignorantly used to stand for “Ally.” This is incorrect.)

4 Likes

Do Asexuals have any sexual attraction to objects, toys anime characters or other fictional characters? I am just curious.

I am a married straight guy but yes, I’m very attracted to DC women and I have my crushes (on celebrities) too. I think I want the attraction to fictional characters to have its own name and letter. Then it should be slapped to the end of LGBTQIA+ or maybe it’s already in the +?

1 Like

@Gibbyhetrz technically, by DSM stands, attraction to a fictional character would be considered a fetish.

1 Like

Thank you DeSade-acolyte for always answering my questions!

1 Like

I have enough fetishes to make book. So I’m very familiar with what constitutes one.

1 Like

@Gibbyhertz

Being hetero and crushing on fictional characters of the opposite gender is not… it’s not a voice that needs to be uplifted alongside the LGBTQIA+ community. A fetish is not a sexuality or an identity.

2 Likes

I thought the + was supposed to be very inclusive?

Ok, do not get mad at me, but I just want to say, it used to be LGBT, then LGBTQ, then LGBTQIA, by 2020, its gonna be like LGBTQIANDJSJXJFJEBAHIEJFNCNXNVJFIEISHSKXMYLTODOSHSJGPSJEHP+

Just saying

3 Likes

comic gays rise up

2 Likes

@TheBackbreaker Maybe the acronym is too unwieldy for you, but I think acknowledgement of all sexualities is important. As this very thread proves there are plenty of people who don’t even realize intersex or asexual people even exist.

3 Likes

For me, my favorite stories here that deal with LGBT issues are Half a Life from Gotham Central and Go from Batwoman in Detective Comics.