LGBT DC Fans

Hi! :rainbow:
Hopefully some of the new characters that are going to be in the new Wonder Comics imprint will be LGBT+. Teen Green Lantern over coming great fear could really fit. I think Amethyst could make for a strong trans girl fantasy story.

9 Likes

I don’t really love how they basically erased Renee Montoya. I mean, I don’t love cops; but DC didn’t have a lot of queers of color besides her, ya know? Also, The Question rules in general.

14 Likes

I’m not gay just dropped in to show my support for the lgbt especially fellow dc fans!

16 Likes

Can’t wait for Batwoman and so proud to have Greg berlenti as our great producer

10 Likes

Lesbian here - super excited for Batwoman!

14 Likes

The Mods will not tolerate any type of homophobia in this thread.

22 Likes

Now that the offensive post was removed please also remove my post following it since it’s now way out of place. Sorry about that, I couldn’t help myself.

8 Likes

Hi Mae, I have removed your post as you requested. The DC family is about love and we will not allow hate speech in our forums. I will make sure the Mods are aware of this and we will continue to monitor :slight_smile: #KeepFlyingTheFlag #DCPride

24 Likes

I didn’t see the post but it’s a shame that some people have the nerve to come in here and hate. They could simply ignore the thread and move on but no, they just have to come in and try to make others feel bad about themselves

10 Likes

I mean yeah I kinda do that in other threads but that’s for impatient people, spamming or jumping the gun on things but this is very different. We are all humans that deserve love!

7 Likes

Today Harley’s Puddin is totally the mod MVP! Thank you so much for creating a safe space for all of us. I saw the offending post earlier, I am thankful that it was removed and that hate speech will not be tolerated here. Thank you again!

13 Likes

Thank you, mods, for having a zero tolerance policy for homophobic and generally hateful posts. I didn’t see the post, but hateful comments have no business here or anywhere.

11 Likes

I’m not gay but I support very much, I wanna see more characters too!

12 Likes

I don’t understand the need for some people to make comments like that. Because DC shows on the CW are so inclusive I constantly see disparaging and bigoted comments regarding the various queer characters within the Arrowverse, and my hope is that DC and the CW add more representation, not less. I don’t like the word “normalization” but all different kinds of people need to be widely seen and accepted as valid humans, and the more it’s being done by big companies like DC, the quicker true equality and respect can be achieved.

9 Likes

So I’m not sure how they would fit exactly, but it would be awesome if Midnighter and Apollo were on the Batwoman show that’s in the works for next year.

10 Likes

Midnighter and Apollo are a favorite of mine. Midnighter on his own just might be my favorite DC character. I would absolutely love to see a new series with the 2 in a substantial new run.

10 Likes

Not to change the direction of the conversation. I just wanted to come to a safe place to drool all over Brenton Thwaites. Now I want to go read some Robin/Beast Boy fan fic. Or maybe take a cold shower. sigh

14 Likes

Now that is a new ship I’d look into

5 Likes

@4Granted The thirst was real. I fanned myself a few times watching that premiere episode.

@Mae I agree with everything you have said. DC shows seem to be an inclusive place, but the comic side seems less so. I don’t know why they are unable to put out a few titles that are more representative of the real world or have a team that reflects the real world slightly better. I don’t want them to change characters, but often even in the introduction of new characters these aspects don’t seem to be introduced to give these marginalized populations heroes to look up too as well. Inclusivity is important and needs to be a part of DC.

7 Likes

Great, interesting thread. Can’t wait to read more!

7 Likes