LGBT DC Fans

me too! :grin: thanks for the great explanation!! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Heya! Thanks for the assist as far as old threads details go :slight_smile: the original post for housekeeping might have been confusing. The posts that are older than 6 months that are effected are posts with zero comments.

Most threads will be totally unaffected, and live on in the new world!
Leaps back onto gargoyle

9 Likes

@Applejack, glad to help. At least i was close?

I always thought Queer was just another term for gay. With the possibility of being derogatory.

Intersex i had to look up.

5 Likes

Queer is a reclaimed term, though yes, some still consider it a slur. I proudly identify as queer. But it doesn’t necessarily mean simply gay, although it certainly can. Queer typically is much broader.

6 Likes

Understood. I got that reclaimed feeling when I heard it used on DC Daily. the slur version must be another term for simply gay.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Update on this- I actually came out 6 months ago. I have been so busy all my life taking care of my kids and being a single mom it was just once they were grown that I realized what a huge glass closet I was living in!

So this will be my first Pride as a Bisexual Woman and the mother of a Transitioning person.

Happy Pride y’all

14 Likes

:hugs:

So excited for you! And your son! DC will be celebrating Pride in a big way this year. Please join us here for various festivities!

:00_dc_pride:

8 Likes

I know and we are so excited!

8 Likes

This isn’t DC-related but I’m sure many of us are fans and so I was so happy when I saw this news today:

7 Likes

That’s so cool! It’s sad that she felt she had to wait so long, but I’m glad she’s found love (I mean 19 years?! Holy CRAP) and that she can be out and proud. :’)

7 Likes

I was stoked about this!! :heart: Like you all, it meant a ton to me, and I’m so happy for her that she’s been in such a loving relationship all this time and finally felt safe enough to come out.

7 Likes

Of course, how could I forget! I said this isn’t DC-related but it totally is! :purple_heart:

:00_dc_pride_bs:

9 Likes

:eyes: Good catch!

7 Likes

Awww so cute

5 Likes

:00_dc_pride: That’s great news! I’m so happy for her! :purple_heart:

…also this: :full_moon_with_face:

9 Likes

And there’s even an appropriately timed special:

7 Likes

Midnighter and Apollo for sure

8 Likes

Welcome back to the community @manoferos! It would be amazing to see this couple headline a movie for sure. :grinning:

Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :00_dc_pride:

6 Likes

So, for anybody who might like horror movies, it might be an okay idea to check out Netflix;s Fear Street triliogy.

7 Likes