Lex Luthor TV Show

I would love to see a TV show developed like Pennyworth or Lucifer that would basically be Lex Luthor’s view point of everything that happens. The Black Label comic of him is excellent! Here is the question though, who would you get to play Lex Luthor? Name a good primary actor!

2 Likes

Clancy Brown.

5 Likes

You know, this was half the premise for Metropolis, a canceled series that was originally supposed to launch on DC Universe a couple years ago. It would have focused on Luthor and Lois. The show was eventually retooled into the upcoming Superman & Lois on The CW.

7 Likes

A show about a megalomaniac? No.

3 Likes

I mean, Breaking Bad was a show about megalomaniac, and it was pretty good.

3 Likes

I thought it was about a guy who is a dad to four bratty geniuses.

1 Like

Bryan Cranston would kill it. But I don’t think he would take up the offer, he was in the reveal trailer of Injustice 2 as presumably Ra’s Al Ghul providing narration, but after that trailer nothing else about that ever came up. So I doubt if he didn’t take up that role he’d take up one as Lex, but hey a man can dream.

2 Likes

My fortune teller says they cast him as J’onn J’onnz. It makes J’onn the most popular hero in the world.

3 Likes

I will never understand why that show is loved, seeing a show under the perspective of a cold blooded psychotic murderer. Like Last Man Standing says “Where drug dealers and murderers become our heroes.”

1 Like

Unfortunately, some are drawn to villains while others are drawn to heroes

I feel like they could totally make a great Luther TV show. Maybe make it a period piece, like joker, and show his original reaction to the man of steel. Also, I see William DaFoe play as lex. I don’t know why, I just feel like he did amazing as a sociopathic evil billionaire in the 2002 Spider-Man movies.

1 Like

I actually think you have a great suggestion :slightly_smiling_face:

I just finished watching all of the Soprano’s last night. Good show.

Regarding Lex, I went and looked at a lot of pictures of actors to see who I thought had Lex’s face. I came up with Jason Statham.

If he can pull off an American accent, I think he would make an awesome Lex.

2 Likes

The Best American Film Actor To Play Lex Luthor (Alexander Joseph) Was Gene Hackman (1978, 2006 & 1987)

3 Likes

Gene Hackman is definitely a great actor. No arguments from me.

This is a different time though. I picture Lex being buff now. I didn’t back when Superman the Movie was released. I really didn’t picture Superman as really buff back then. Most people didn’t. Hence, Christopher Reeves playing Supes.

1 Like

Are you thinking more along the lines as a King Pin character of sorts

1 Like

I think it’ll be just like Joker with Joaquin Phoenix and a little dash of Gotham and Smallville, with a bald Paul Dano (going to be the Riddler in The Batman with Robert Pattinson and Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Aquaman’s Jason Momoa’s stepdaughter and played as Catwoman in The LEGO Batman Movie) trying to run some business in Metropolis, but becomes super jealous with the arrival of Clark Kent coming to Earth, who would grow up to be Superman.

1 Like

No, not Kingpin big. More like Daniel Craig big. Hugh Jackman big. Somone who would look good in an expensive white suit. Really fill it out.

1 Like

Nice, I can see that

Currently reading the Luthor Autobiography ,it is rather ruthless! Great stuff nonetheless