Lex Luthor: Scientist Vs. Businessman Poll

Lex Luthor is a greatest criminal mind of our time, over 80 years he became a famous enemy of Superman! He’ll do anything to get rid of The Man Of Steel!
My question to you guys, which version of Lex Luthor do you guys like the best?

The Best Version Of Lex Luthor
  • Mad Scientist
  • Businessman

0 voters

:00_lex_luthor:

1 Like

tenor

9 Likes

@BestBeastBoy started it when he never added both in a poll.:laughing:

1 Like

I’m going to say both too, lol.

2 Likes

The one true answer is talent show enthusiast.

2 Likes

I prefer the classic mad scientist over the Donald Trump parody, but I’ll give credit to the post-Infinite Crisis era for managing to blend them together quite well.

5 Likes

I remember reading Grant Morrison or Mark Waid describing Business suit Lex as his version of Metropolis Clark- an act he puts on for the public. I’ve always liked that.

4 Likes

Business Lex is a better heir to the corporate and social villains who Superman rose up to fight in the earliest days of the Golden Age, emblematic of the worst impulses of men with power. Mad scientists in the DC Universe exist in abundance, but Luthor lords over Metropolis in a way which uniquely challenges Superman.

But, as others have said, the best Luthor is a synthesis of both.

6 Likes

I view him as a very very intelligent business man. You know how Bruce Wayne is a business man that seemingly knows everything? Kinda like that but obsessed with power, extremely narcissistic, and evil. The pure mad scientist thing is more Super Friends for me, which hey, I like that as well.

3 Likes

Prefer scientist, but why not both?

Lex lasted as a businessman a bit longer than his former partner…

World’s Finest #88 1957

4 Likes

I like a good blend of both, but the core of my Lex is mad scientist.

4 Likes

I really like Luthor from STAS. The right mix of businessman and evil genius vs. Mad Scientist.

3 Likes