Let's Talk About The Outsiders: A New Planetary

I gotta’ go snap up issue #3. :+1:

6 Likes

Issue #3 was so fascinating in the meta and history! I’m really hopeful that this thread/theme doesn’t get dropped, as I think it deserves more exploration!

5 Likes

Finally got around to reading #3, and wow that was good.

This series continues to be better than I could have possibly imagined.

5 Likes

I know a guy who can drop some recommendations, if you like.

Have you read Planetary?

I ask, because the Drummer originally hails from that series (the one seen in Outsiders is different than their previous WildStorm iteration mind you, but it still relates to the one seen in Planetary, “from a certain point of view”).

4 Likes

Darn right I’ve read Planetary :smiley:

5 Likes

I know you have, but I was really more asking @Chain_Twix if she has, good sir. :wink:

Slides a Sprite down the counter for said good sir, then asks him “What’s your favorite issue?” as I fill a Planetary-themed glass with Sprite.

Sprite, the official beverage of Planetary!

“Pepsi, the official beverage of Planetary!” works better though, alliteratively-speaking.

4 Likes

Is it bad that I don’t even know what you’re talking about? lol I haven’t read Planetary. I’ll check the DC library.

You guys are making me more of a comic nerd than I ever dreamed to be. Originally just an OG Harley nerd, but all these other storylines deserved my attention as well. I’m not mad about it.

5 Likes

Planetary is good. Arguably Warren Ellis best series. If you’re a nerd of comics and the occasional literature, you’ll love the meta references throughout. If you’re interested, you should watch this amazing video that does a great overview of that series.

6 Likes

Thank you for this. I just finished watching it.

3 Likes

Crosses his arms and scoffs.

Uh, no, its not! :slight_smile:

You thought I was going to enter into “Tight-Ass Comic Nerd Mode”, eh? Come on, be honest. :wink:

Alright! :muscle:t2: :partying_face:

Someone land a fighter jet on an aircraft carrier, because this is definitely a case of “Mission accomplished”. :grin:

Yay! :confetti_ball: :tada:

Speaking of “mad about” this and that, what do we think of the TV series Mad About You?

I thought it was…okay. When it comes to '90s Must-See TV shows on NBC, I was, and am, much more of a Seinfeld, Frasier, NewsRadio and Friends kinda-guy (along with periodic bouts of Boston Common, Suddenly Susan, Working and Caroline in the City).

To paraphrase the wise sage Homer, I agree with your findings and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

…and upon finishing that video, you added Planetary (and its related one-shots) to your reading list, right?

Right? :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s been added to my long growing list of comics. :tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

As Riddler said in Batman Forever, “Su-weet!”

2 Likes

I really liked this issue. I talked about it on the Batman thread, but never not here yet. Suffice it to say I really enjoyed the surreal vibe throughout where we see the world of Batman presented in a rather bleak place.

I really like it explores what is essentially Batman mind and we Luke’s recent bout with cynicism from the symbol of Batman. I think the idea is that Luke and Kate are really only exploring a version of reality where they see what they want to see, that’s why Kate doesn’t see Katherine Webb or Luke doesn’t see anyone else besides versions of Bruce as Batman.

It was the previous issue and this one that made me feel this series is tackling more horror elements than I originally thought, and I’m totally invested in that kind of adventure here. Outsiders continues to surprise me and I can’t wait to read Outsiders #4!

6 Likes

I really enjoyed the vibes and meta stuff in the latest issue!

5 Likes

Outsiders 4 is out this week and we meet a new potential crew member/ idk what to call her because she’s like… “nah son”

Spoiler

Cue Century baby… Jenny Crisis

4 Likes

Two words: Jenny. Sparks.

1 Like

I miss her every day.

2 Likes

Who doesn’t?

“People that haven’t read The Authority.”

Well, they need to fix that, and there’s one way to do that…

2 Likes