Let's Talk About Batman/Santa Claus: Silent Knight

THE DARK KNIGHT PARTNERS WITH A NOT-SO-JOLLY ST. NICK AS SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN!

The four-part crossover event of a generation begins when a not-so-jolly St. Nick hits Gotham City to investigate a brutal crime in the days leading up to Christmas… What manner of man or beast could have committed such atrocities?! With the help of his former student, Batman, Santa will team up with the heroes of the DC Universe to right this wrong—or the world wakes up to coal in their stockings! A brutal, two-fisted holiday tale of hope, wonder, and monster hunting is the perfect treat to ring in the holidays—it’s Claus in canon!

6 Likes

Can’t wait to read it when it comes to DC Universe and when my eyes gets better, right now it’s hard to read comic when my eyes are a bit blurry, thankfully I can still type on here without too many typo! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Sorry to hear my friend.

4 Likes

Issue #1 has hit DC Universe Infinite and just got back from reading it. It was incredibly entertaining. I love the idea that Bruce studied with Santa as part of his training to become Batman.

5 Likes

me to

3 Likes

Wasn’t there an old story where Santa made it through Apokolips’s defenses to deliver Darkseid some coal? What story was that and has Santa been used between then and now?

3 Likes

Holy crap that was such a fun start! It’d be pretty hard for a Batman/Santa team-up to not be enjoyable, but Jeff Parker really elevated this to ensure it was more than just serviceable fun. There’s enough backstory and badassery for me to take this just seriously enough, and of course plenty of great humor so that it doesn’t take itself too seriously. Seeing everyone’s reactions to the realization that Santa is real was just too great! It was also a very nice surprise to see Zatanna show up and she fit into the story very well. (But she better be OK after getting hit w/ that Krampus goo) I’m so glad we’re getting the entire story over the course of this month instead of having to wait a month or more in between installments. Already can’t wait for issue #2 next week! :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

DCU Holiday Bash #2,

3 Likes

I read Issue #2 and continue to be impressed by how enjoyable the series has been so far. It was very cool to get more depth into the history and motivations that fuel the story.

3 Likes