Let's Take This Moment To Remember Our Weird Heroes

I love every version of Dial H for Hero.

2 Likes

Matter-Eater Lad didn’t really ever disappear, at least no more so than the rest of the Legion of Super-Heroes. His real name is Tenzil Kem, and good old TK was amazing in the 5 Years Later LSH comic in the 1990s.

Here is one with him on the cover…

2 Likes

I was here for it until I saw the human body. It immediately reminded me of that dog thing from Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

2 Likes

I like that they used a tooth for the ‘n’ in his name.

1 Like

I bet @dogwelder9 could name one!

But honestly Batman is a friggin weirdo. My parents were killed so I’m going to build a jet shaped like a bat and hide it in my bat-themed basement

2 Likes

I am thinking of a mentally scarred man who decided the best way to avenge his parents was to figt crime dressed as a flying mammal.
I am thinking of a woman who comes from a mythical island that is impossible to find unless you can, who is the daughter of a god who may not be a god, or even exist.
I a thinking of a man who can run faster than sound because he got doused in chemicals and electrocuted.
I am thinking of a man who can create literally anyhing with his mind, but it has to be green, who works for blue midget aliens who, despite being from space, designed a core after and Earth tool. Even though a Human never joined until the 20th century.

1 Like

Not to mention all the members of figure eight. Though they were created specifically to be laughed at. @dogwelder9

1 Like

Villains.
Hammertoes.
Polecat Jenkins.
BabyFace & Mrs. Manface.
Duncan Pramble- Multi-Man. I may be wrong but last I remember him was in emperor joker Arkham Asylum riot scene.

2 Likes

I forgot about BabyFace and Mrs. Manface!

I miss Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

2 Likes

My favorite. Good work. I pulled all those from my memory of the prison breakout in B&B except multi-man. You caught that fast.

1 Like

How about Poledancer from 52?

1 Like

@capo-mage It’s a classic show.

1 Like

So good.

1 Like

How about Ultra the Multi Alien, who first appeared in Mystery in Space #103? Ultra’s body is comprised of four other aliens, who each give him a unique power. The concept is so bonkers that I kind of like it.

1 Like

Ultra the Multi Alien had a great story appear in a Vertigo title in 2011 with writing and art by Jeff Lemire.

1 Like

He showed up in Multiversity, too, if I recall correctly…