Let's Take This Moment To Remember Our Weird Heroes

Arm-Fall-Off Boy

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 6.50.19 PM

Bouncing Boy

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 6.53.15 PM

Matter Eater Lad

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 6.55.00 PM

They showed up for a time, and as far as I know they disappeared, never to be seen again (probably a good thing).

Feel free to add other weird heroes (or villains! Villains are fun too).

11 Likes

I am thinking of a weird hero who dresses like a goldfish, looks like a stereo-type surfer, and talks to dolphins.
I am thinking of another weird hero who is from another planet, gets his powers from gravity (or the sun depending on how old you are), is allergic to rocks, thinks science is a bed-time story told to frighten children, and wears his under garments on the outside not because he lost a fight (that was declared non-canonical) but for no reason at all that I can see.
Do you want me to go on?

(Also Arm-fall-off boy showed up in Matrix Supergirl: Convergence, can’t speak as to the others)

3 Likes

I can’t believe they actually brought him back for Convergence.

And fair. But can you really compare them to the likes of Arm-Fall-Off Boy. There’s a reason the classic heroes lasted longer.

2 Likes

Looks like Bouncing Boy is making an appearance in Legion of Super-Heroes #6… I haven’t been keeping up with the series so I could be wrong about if he’s in it!

Variant by Alex Garner

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t read that series, but good for Bouncing Boy! Still weird though.

So far this just leaves Matter Eating Lad to show up again.

1 Like

@Nightroia honestly not a bad super power I have to say, he’ll never go hungry!

3 Likes

He doesn’t seem to gain weight from it either so I’m already jealous.

3 Likes

Brother Power the Geek?

2 Likes

You do realize all three of those heroes you mentioned were created with the intent of being purposely ridiculous, right? They weren’t meant to be taken seriously.

1 Like

Oh I know, and I enjoy how ridiculous they are. It’s interesting to see where the creators’ imaginations went. It reminds me of some of the xmen characters like that one girl who would rip her skin off and underneath her new ‘skin’ was the material she wanted it to be.

2 Likes

I picked up this nifty little volume with a Christmas gift certificate at Barnes and Nobles.

7 Likes

Nice! I remember seeing that and wanted to get it but I already had a bunch of other books.

Can’t remember which book it was in but the April DC solicits ask: remember Arm Falloff Boy. Get ready to meet the Arm Falloff Family. I think its Action Comics. So it looks like he’s baaaack.

2 Likes

Oh my god.

1 Like

I believe it will be in my favorite comic right now - Superman’s Pal, Jimmy Olsen.

2 Likes

Another weird hero I wanted to see more of…The Teddy Bear King, who was referred to in Seven Soldiers: The Bulleteer.

5 Likes

I already love him.

2 Likes

I found Matter-Eater Lad!

Convergence really did bring everyone back.

5 Likes

Always remember, be careful what you ask for… or dial for.

3 Likes