Let’s Talk About Fire & Ice: Welcome To Smallville

Coming in September:

“Superman sent the former Justice Leaguers packing for Smallville to lie low following their extremely public and utterly disastrous mission in Baltimore, and in doing so doomed them to a fate worse than death: irrelevance. Ice finds herself drawn to the quiet life and dreams of planting roots. But Fire…well, Fire will do just about anything to get the hell outta dodge and back on the Super Hero circuit—including challenging the DC Universe’s biggest villains to a knock-down, drag-out, live-streamed brawl in the streets of Smallville!"

The creative team is writer Joanne Starer, artist Natacha Bustos, colorist Tamra Bonvillain, letterer Ariana Maher and cover artists Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson.

7 Likes

All we need is a book on Cold and Heatwave to complete the set of opposites.

3 Likes

I’m excited to see them getting new content! I just saw this news a bit ago. I think the last I saw of Ice was in The Human Target.

5 Likes

I’m excited to see this! I always like when less prominent characters get titles.

4 Likes

Yup, that’s where she last appeared.

4 Likes

I looked at the dc wiki and fire and ice were in the jan 2023 (cover date march 2023) DC’s Harley Quinn Romances.

2 Likes

Going to be hard to reconcile this version with the Femme Fatale Ice from Human Target but I’ll try.

3 Likes

Cool!

2 Likes

Super excited for this one!

3 Likes

I am very interested in this after Human Target. I wonder if this will reference that at all, or ignore it completely! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m guessing completely ignore.

1 Like

I think you’re probably right, but that feels…counter productive. Sigh. But I feel that about a lot of things.

1 Like

So…this is basically Green Acres with superheroes? I’m sold.

3 Likes

Wow the characters are drawn a little more–trying to use the right wording–realistically than I’m generally used to.

I hope that’s a trend that catches on!

2 Likes

It’s been interesting seeing Fire and Ice make a return to slight prominence within DC comics. I’m definitely open to seeing where this goes.

Although, nothing could top them in Justice League of America (1997)! :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

How do you mean? Do you have an image or comic you’re thinking of where they’re unrealistic?

2 Likes

Just in general the physiques of men and woman in comics. Nothing specific. Proportions, musculature, etc.

Not trying to cast a negative light on what people like. I can just appreciate a more anatomically realistic version of a character.

5 Likes

Finished the Power Girl Special and the Fire & Ice backup was easily the best part of the issue.

4 Likes

sounds like it

1 Like

Agreed! I really enjoyed that backup - and it makes me excited to read the series, which is exactly what it should do!

1 Like