Let’s Talk About Dawn of DC: Power Girl

More Lilith.

1 Like

Absolutely the worst thing I’ve read in a while. Dropped this after the Streaky issue, just could not bear anymore of this.
The Power Girl in Justice Society is what I want from Power Girl. This maudlin, insecure, unsure, wallflower is not any Power Girl I want to read.

I can understand changing her name, but damn her whole personality, demeanor, and intelligence changed. This version of the character is equivalent to the Teen Titans Go Starfire but lacking the quirkiness (which Omen fulfills).

H O L Y :open_mouth::drooling_face::heart_eyes:.
The @PowerGirl / @HARLEEENQUINZEL team up comic is a comic I didn’t knowwww I needed in my life but OH MY GAAAWWDDDD

4 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

I do wish we would’ve continued or even brought back the 2009 series but this new series has its charm

5 Likes

Yeah – I was a little antsy about it because of some of the changes they made, but I think Leah is starting to get a better handle on it. I especially liked how she approached Peej in her most recent issue – really felt like something that the '09 era would do. :smiley:

3 Likes

Definitely eager to see where they go with it. Leah’s done a great job so far and I’m loving the bright and vibrant palette they’ve gone with. New Dawn, New PG!

3 Likes

I liked it too. I personally don’t mind it because this iteration is not far off my experience with the new 52 version that showed up in World’s finest. I like Power Girl to have reconcile her feelings with Supergirl and the Superman family and this Powergirl still has a bestie who she adores. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome back to the community @PowerGirl! I’m glad to hear that you’ve been enjoying the new series. :pray:

Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :muscle:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Power Girl’s Atlantean Era Was Wild

2 Likes

I’m assuming a casually comics watcher. :wink:

It’s funny, so far I have thankfully not read a story featuring Atlantean Era Powergirl and I’m still looking to avoid that iteration of Powergirl to this day lol.

Probably best they drop the Atlantean origin anyway. Besides undermining what Powergirl was about it’s also way too convoluted for people to be interested in. It would have been better to make her a daxamite or just a woman who artificially got Kryptonian powers in a science lab. She’s still a smart CEO lady in this era, right? I’m only asking because you could use that as a explanation. Lab accidents are very comic booky origins story.

2 Likes

No, right now she’s a science/tech journalist for the Daily Planet.

4 Likes

Atlantean era Power Girl wasn’t the bad in my opinion. I loved her friendship with Doctor Light in JLE, and her short lived dynamic with the BOP. She still had the same personality and attitude which was nice. The Kupperberg miniseries was also good!

1 Like

Very much so enjoying her new stories :relieved:

3 Likes

3 Likes