Let’s Talk About Batman: The Last Halloween

‘BATMAN THE LONG HALLOWEEN: THE LAST HALLOWEEN’, a 10-issue series by writer Jeph Loeb and a rotating cast of artists including Risso, Stewart, Starkings, Janson, Chiarello, and more.

The series was initially planned by Loeb and late artist Tim Sale as a conclusion to their Long Halloween books prior to the latter’s passing in 2022.

6 Likes

At first I didn’t like the idea of a full sequel series to such classics (Dark Victory included), especially w/out Tim Sale. But if this really was in the works before Sale’s death, then I can see the merit in completing this as a tribute to him and his brilliant work. I can’t expect the same level of greatness from the previous series but I’ll definitely keep an open mind

6 Likes

That sounds like it might be good. If it was planned ahead of time. I hope they try and keep the charm of Sale’s art.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know how I feel about this – I’m glad that it sounds like it’s something Loeb and Sale worked together on before Sale passed, and it sounds like they’re at least trying to get some really top-tier artists to do this, like Eduado Risso.

Honestly, what worries me most about this is the writing part. It looks like Loeb is really exploring one of the things I hated the most about the original book, and that was the final twist regarding Holiday. I’m worried that trying to force that story element and make it work might sully the legacy of their previous work.

That said, I’m willing to at least give it a shot.

4 Likes

I think this is a bad idea.

3 Likes

I’m going to read it regardless, not sure its going to live up to the quality of Long Halloween or Dark Victory though.

1 Like

Why ?

Loeb had not exactly been making acclaimed work lately.

1 Like

Oh, well maybe this is what he needed to do better and if not then its not my first bad comic wont be my last.

1 Like