Let’s Talk About Anything DC

Silver Age comics books were more interested in slice of life moments; while we still get them in modern comics, we also get decompressed and sometimes overly-long story arcs and, just generally, stories, with those random slice of life moments tossed in, as if the writers were adding flavoring to a slow simmering stew.

As for Jamie being DC’s live action Peter, that’s wholly unnecessary. I’m actually not that excited for a Blue Beetle movie (but then again, I never got the vast appeal of MMPRs, either). Jimmy Olson is DC’s Peter Parker and he was there first. And Peter was actually luckier in love than Jimmy, since Peter actually got to the alter and even had baby Parker’s with someone, and not in any AU but in actual mainline canon.

And any number of teen to young adult heroes could fit the bill as DC’s Spider-Man. Sideways, most of all.

4 Likes

Also, Carol Ferris was apparently modeled on Liz Taylor!
download (63)

I totally see it

5 Likes

Guy Gardner was inspired by these lovely gentlemen

And Kyle Rayner was apparently not actually based on Keanu Reeves

4 Likes

Yep- I’ve read that somewhere. Makes sense based on Taylor’s and Newman’s super solid chemistry in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof.

In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out that Kurt Busiek used Tin Roof Newman and Taylor as a guideline for Hal and Carol’s ship when he was writing them back in the 1960s. Mm hmm.

5 Likes

:+1: Yep.

4 Likes

Screenshot 2022-11-20 3.45.16 PM
Jon and Jay are so freaking cute together. At first I wasn’t sold on them because they’re relationship got in the way of a ship that I had for a year but it took one issue of SoKE to pretty much completely erase the year I spent shipping Jon with someone else. Jon and Jay are just adorable oml.

3 Likes

download (65)
Soulmate behavior

5 Likes

The JLI decides to take matters in their own hands and set Fire and Ice and Booster and Beetle on dates to get those idiots to admit their feelings

3 Likes

Sigrid deserved better

2 Likes

SIGRID JEWISH CONVERSION ARC!!!
Albert lends her books and eventually Hal ends up getting roped into it because he wants to reconnect, so they become Torah study buddies

4 Likes

My husband is amazing.

4 Likes

Sigrid: Hey it’s not weird that I dated your ex, right?
Hal: . . . which one?
Sigrid: Olivia
Hal: . . . did she say anything about me?
Sigrid:
Sigrid: no
Hal: you’re lying
Sigrid: she complained about you a lot
Hal: omg no
Sigrid: She compared me to you like ALL THE TIME
Hal: omg she didn’t
Sigrid: yeah she was kind of controlling
Hal: she really was
Sigrid: did we just becomes best friends
Hal: yep

3 Likes

oh look a new obscure superhero to get emotionally attached to
f74c521f40e20f4d1e32924ef0c3eea9--atom-smasher-atoms

4 Likes

Do not call him obscure or I will blast you!!!

Also he is already attached to me!!!

5 Likes

I know a lot of people don’t like it, but I think Toy Story 4 is amazing.

5 Likes

The concept is coming along! And I’m happy with the design I settled on for GG

3 Likes

A rare series where 4th of 4 is an amazing fete.

3 Likes

Important question: who officiated Booster Gold and Ted Kord’s wedding??

3 Likes

Let’s play a fun little game called THREE DEGREES OF BOOSTER GOLD

You give me a DC character, and I will try to connect them to Booster Gold in 3 characters or less

Let’s see how well that networking really worked out for him

4 Likes

bernard dowd

3 Likes