:00_birds_of_prey: Let’s See Your Birds of Prey Collection!

Feast your eyes on this (from the Jack in the Box promotion I mentioned earlier):

4 Likes

@Vroom - I’d love to hear his recommendations whenever he has a moment to pass them along. I already have one of the Hawkgirl Funko Pops (still in my storage though) but the more the merrier! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: The new Iron Studios statue is absolutely gorgeous.

3 Likes

Oh, he has a moment or two. Trust me, I know. :wink:

tosses coal into the Recommendation Engine and gets to work

2 Likes

Oh boy… soon… Babs and Helena first, though! Thanks for the recommendations!

2 Likes

No prob, Bob. Speaking of Babs and Helena, this is my BOP grail, from DC Direct and released in 2003:

I almost bought it when it came out, but I passed on it. Some day though, some day. :crossed_fingers:t2:

6 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

He’s soo good to me- I’m lucky that I’ve got such an awesome person like him in my life. :grinning:

4 Likes

That looks INCREDIBLE - straight from those classic early Birds comics!

5 Likes

I am @TravisMorgan. very thankful that this wonderful man is in my life. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Look at my pretty birds!

8 Likes

@Shayera.Hol Just a heads-up that I’m still formulating a list of affordable Hawkgirl/woman figures of interest for ya. I didn’t want you to think I’d forgot. :slight_smile:

@TheCosmicMoth Cool figs! Especially the Kenner Superman on the far right. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Thanks! Kenner Supes is the sole survivor of my original action figure collection. That collection went up in a house fire. That Superman survived because I used to carry him around in my backpack like a good luck charm. …I don’t think he brought me that much luck, but he’s been everywhere with me. At this point, he’s one of 4 Supermans in my collection.

6 Likes

I’d never think such a thing, @Vroom! Thanks for taking a look into this for me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Thus, proving once more that you can always count on Kenner. :slight_smile:

As for your other Supermen, my four eyes see the McFarlane Action #1000 Superman. Two down, may I ask what the other two are?

@Shayera.Hol Still working on that list, but I saw this at a local indie music/movies/misc joint the other day and thought of ya’s:

It was $25 and sealed. I thought about buying it, but I was good and passed on it.

6 Likes

DC Direct’s All-Star Superman and McFarlane’s Superman Red Son:

8 Likes

Rad. :metal:t2:

Speaking of the All-Star line, I’d like to get the Batgirl and Super Lois figures from that line. They were the only ones I was interested in.

3 Likes

All-Star Lois is on my list, for sure!

3 Likes

@Shayera.Hol I’m so sorry this took so long, but after ample hemming and hawing and editing, here’s a wee list of affordable Hawkgirl figures you and your wallet will hopefully enjoy.

BTW, these are listed from cheapest to most expensive. :slight_smile:

DC Superhero Girls Hawkgirl, by Mattel

Why she’s worth your time/money: Besides being the cutest Hawkgirl figure ever, she’s nicely detailed and matches the source material very well. Also, being from DCSHG is reason enough as to why she’s worth a pick-up. :wink:

Justice League Hawkgirl, by Mattel

Why she’s worth your time/money: This Target exclusive from 2004 was the very first figure of the DCAU Hawkgirl. Besides her display base and lenticular card that fits into said base, she also comes with her Thanagarian mace, thus making her a 100% show-accurate representation of the character.

Between the Justice League and JLU lines, Mattel released Shayera in many other ways, with some of the more notable iterations seen below:

A 12"-scale version of the above.

The smaller Shayera from above, but with an assload of weaponry:

A SDCC-exclusive three-pack that featured the figure debut of Shayera in her JLU track suit:

A teensy, tiny die-cast edition (wee and teensy Thanagarians, such as those in the upper right corner of the below eBay photo, are still badass):

Kickin’ it with two of her fellow Justice Lords:

A six-pack that features not just one badass female Thanagarian, but two of 'em:

Moving past Justice League and JLU…

From DC Direct, there’s:

Justice League Hawkgirl, by Alex Ross:

Why she’s worth your time/money: The above is the only Hawkgirl to feature an interchangeable head and she’s spot-on to Alex Ross’s design of her. Most figures based on Alex Ross’s artwork are automatic pick-ups.

Golden/Silver Age Hawkman and Hawkgirl two-pack

Why they’re worth your time/money: If memory serves, the above were DC Direct’s very first figures of the Thangarian Two-some™, with the Hawkgirl being especially noteworthy, as that’s the very first Hawkgirl figure, ever. Kenner made Hawkman in their Super Powers Collection and Total Justice lines (while Toy Biz made him in their DC Comics Super Heroes line), but they never made Hawkgirl in any capacity, unfortunately.

Earth 2 Hawkgirl

Why she’s worth your time/money: Depending on your fandom of the Earth 2 comic and how Hawkgirl was portrayed in it, the above is your only chance at a figure of her thus far. The detail on her uniform and wings is quite nice, making her look like she walked right out of the comic.

Justice League TV series Hawkgirl

Why she’s worth your time/money: Circling back to her very first TV iteration, the above (which began life as a DC Universe exclusive, along with the rest of the JL and Aquaman) is perfect for someone who appreciates the figure’s show accuracy, and in a bigger scale than Mattel’s initial 2004 offering of her.

The one downside of the above? She has no mace. :frowning_face: That aside however, she’s worth hunting down.

Lastly from DC Direct/Collectibles:

Justice League Maquette

Why she’s worth your time/money: DC Direct’s Justice League maquettes were among the first merchandise based on the TV series. They’re on-point to the show and nearly 20 years after its release, the above is still easy to find on eBay.

Maquette Fun Fact: All of the DC Direct Justice League TV series maquettes were used by Mattel as the design basis for their very first figures of each member of the League. This was done after Hasbro lost the DC license to Mattel in late 2002, so that Mattel could then quickly get their initial Justice League product into development and on-shelf by January 2003.

With all of the above out of the way, here’s my #1 pick for an awesome and fairly affordable Hawkgirl figure:

DC Universe Classics, by Mattel:

Why she’s worth your time/money: The toy nerd in me that absolutely loves Mattel’s DC Universe Classics line (which is on-par with Kenner’s Super Powers Collection as the #1 DC-based toy line of all time) would simply say “It’s DC Universe Classics, need I say more?” :slight_smile:

However, for the uninitiated, the above is absolutely worth your time and money because she features a beautiful sculpt by The Four Horsemen (who were the primary sculptors for most of Mattel’s collector-based 6"-scale DC lines), ample articulation and her articulated wings are stunning in their detail and wingspan. If you only get one comic-based Hawkgirl action figure, absolutely make it the DCUC version.

You can also find the above in the below two-pack:

This set is somewhat expensive, due to it including Gentleman Ghost, who was in the same wave as Hawkgirl (wave 8) in his original single-carded release, and proved to be a very popular (and hard to find) figure.

If you should opt for the above @Shayera.Hol and you don’t want the Gentleman Ghost, I know a guy who would happily take him off your hands. :wink:

On a sad note, Mattel was set to release a modern comic-based Hawkgirl in their 6"-scale DC Multiverse line in 2019. Looking exactly as she did in the current Justice League comic, the figure was slated to be in a wave that would have included (among others):

• the very first 6"-scale Rebirth Black Canary
  • Joker from Batman: Ninja
  • the very first 6"-scale figure of Emperor Aquaman from Flashpoint
  • A Collect and Connect figure of Mammoth (yet another character who would have made their 6"-scale debut in this wave)

The whole series was scrapped upon Mattel losing the DC license.

Here’s the figure that we were going to get, but sadly never will:

As Ian Malcolm said in Jurassic Park, “There we have it.” I hope the above options are of use/interest to you, @Shayera.Hol. There are many other Hawkgirl figures on the market, but I felt the above were best-suited for someone looking for a singular piece (or two) who also didn’t want their wallet to feel like it had sprung Thanagarian-esque wings when it came to said item’s asking price(s). :slight_smile:

Best of luck in finding a nifty Hawkgirl figure! :superman_hv_4: :00_hawkman:

7 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to put this together (my wallet will breathe a little easier… maybe). I love the information and little fun facts you included, very thorough!

I definitely have my eyes on the Justice Lord set, the Alex Ross figure, and the Earth 2 action figure. If I ever win the lottery, though, I’m headed straight for the Iron Studios statue primed for this fall. The Maquette is pretty cool too!

Such a shame about the Mattel figure - I would’ve loved for a Rebirth Black Canary figure too. Here’s hoping we’ll get more awesome figures of these two characters in the future!

(Obligatory appreciation gif for Hawkgirl’s mace, an absolute necessity).

7 Likes

You mean this one?

Such a beautiful piece. Almost caved & ordered it, but was able to resist (other Iron Studios pieces I’m planning on, made that easier). Speaking of expensive Hawkgirl statues, I also offer you this stunning piece from Sideshow:

$$$$ though, especially now that it’s sold out. So just eye candy :slightly_smiling_face:. The Hawks make for beautiful collectible pieces in my opinion.

11 Likes

For the purpose of showcasing scale aside, does Sideshow include the apple with that statue so as to remind the buyer that that’s all they’ll be able to afford to eat after having bought said statue? :wink:

@Shayera.Hol You’re welcome, and I’m glad the list helped.

Of the items on that list that I don’t have (which is most of them, but I’ve seen them all in person many times) but would like to get, I’d be game for:

• Earth 2 Hawkgirl (which would spur me to buy the rest of the Earth 2 figures in all likelihood)
  • the Justice League Attack on Thanagar box set
  • the Alex Ross Hawkgirl

I can’t stress enough how great the DC Universe Classics Hawkgirl is, so if you should indulge in Round Two of a Hawkgirl toy binge, make her your #1 pick-up.

If you should buy the DCUC Hawkgirl at some point, the Hawkman in that line (from series 6) would be a perfect accompaniment. He looks great next to Hawkgirl (and great in general, really) as the two bring a nice winged majesty to one’s shelf.

6 Likes