Let’s Say You’ve Kidnapped Batman

So. You‘re a small time bad guy in Gotham City, and you got extremely lucky. Batman is held captive in your custody, and now you have to figure out what to do with him.

Killing Batman is just going to make you a target. But selling him… now there you may stand to make a profit.

Who do you sell Batman to for the highest payout… and the lowest risk of being double-crossed?

4 Likes

I would sell Batman to the Court of the Owls. They would be glad to get Batman out of their City, and are also very rich. Additionally, they have their own perverted love for the people of Gotham City, so I don’t think they would kill a Gotham resident for no reason–especially not one who may be a future business partner.

6 Likes

I like YoYoFroYo’s answer, but I’d be afraid the Owls could decide they didn’t want a kidnapper loose in their city.

Bane seems most honorable, I think. I’d sell Batman to Bane. Or Sony.

5 Likes

The League of Shadows

1 Like

I think biff_pow’s answer is probably the best one, but just to be outside the box here, I’d sell him to Lex Luthor. The dude can pay, would probably be interested in learning Batman’s identity, and could almost certainly use him in some scheme against Superman. After that, it’s out of my hands.

4 Likes

Batjamags you had the same thought I did, Luthor can pay, probably won’t off you, doesn’t want to burn everything down and will attempt to use Batman to learn how to control that pesky alien.

3 Likes

I’m with BatJamags, The Bat goes to Luthor.

A. Lex has deep enough pockets to give you more money than avarice. Go for your wildest dollar amount, and Lex will cut you a check on the spot.

1. Lex would want Batman because of any information he has on Superman and also because of what a thorn Batman has sometimes been in Luthor’s side. It’s a two for one for Lex.

After extracting all valuable information from Batman (including his identity, but Lex may have known that for years anyway and kept it to himself) he’d probably throw him back to Gotham and let the dogs there have their way with him.

For an exorbitant of course, as Lex always wants his cut.

5 Likes

The League or the Court, they are the only ones who have honor.

2 Likes

Yeah Lex seems like the best option

1 Like

Why not cut the middle man?

Unmask Batman.

GASP! ITS BRUCE WAYNE!

Mr Wayne Sir I surely could keep your secret for a wealthy position at W.E

that way boom I’m rich and no harm is done to bats or any other hero

Not to mention the status quo stays intact

1 Like

@takingmymoment that just brings you back to the problem in dark knight.
“Your employer, one of the richest and most powerful men in Gotham spends his nights beating criminals senseless with his bare hands and your plan is to blackmail this person? Good luck.”

Let lex deal with it. Definitely sell him to lex

3 Likes

Dude, I’d let him go and get the heck out of there. Have you seen what the Joker tries to do with people who get Batman before him?!

5 Likes

I would sell him to Kite Man… if he tried to double cross me I bet I could take him!

4 Likes

I’d ransom him off to Warner Bros. for my own title at DC, free from certain editorial malefactors.

4 Likes

Questions like these make me wish I had a better criminal mind! My first impulse would be to sell Batman’s freedom to himself in exchange for a blind eye to my own activities, but his counteroffer would probably be a punch in the face.

That said, I’d likely sell him to the city/police department. Selling him to any villain is just too high of a risk. Not only of the villain stabbing me in the back but of Batman escaping and tracking me down. The more of a threat I make myself, the more enemies I accrue. By selling him to the city, I can make a tidy little profit and fly under the radar. It’d also be almost-legal. Batman is a masked vigilante, after all, and I could argue that the money was just compensation for capturing a dangerous figure who exists outside of the law. Dumping him back into the same corrupt system puts the smallest target on my back and I can leave with my “bounty.”

7 Likes

I’d accept the weirdly generous offer from the Wayne foundation and finally move to Star City

5 Likes

I would make him dance the Batusi and play Twister and Charades for his freedom.

2 Likes

Amanda Waller.

1 Like

Batman wouldn’t get captured by a b lister

3 Likes

Lexcorp, who you calling a b lister? I just kidnapped the Batman. Wait, where the &#@)” did he go?

6 Likes