Let’s Flip The DC Tables

3 Likes

As much as I love Batman: The Animated Series, it’s weird how Bruce Timm has to give every last gangster and supervillain their own sexy sultry femme fatale henchgirl with the exact same body type.

I really like the scene in Joss Whedon’s Justice League where Batman is counseling Barry on how to be a hero. It’s the most heroic Ben Affleck’s Batman ever feels. “Just save one.”

4 Likes

:thinking:

Did I butcher the expression?

Should I:

• Rename the thread to Turn the tables (instead of “flip”).
  • Pick a different title because this one sucks?
  • Keep it the way it is; it has a certain charm.

0 voters

2 Likes

:laughing: Alright, @moro, I’ll say something nice about Batman v Superman just this once. I really like the visuals throughout the movie. Snyder gets a lot of flak for his color schemes, but they really do work well with his cinematography and his attention to detail with the props and costumes. The iconic shot of Lois crying over Superman’s body was particularly well done.

And, I love Superman II, but the scene where Superman wipes Lois’ memory with a kiss to make her forget his secret identity was probably a lazy, cop-out way to re-establish the status quo…

4 Likes

That’s a plus for me the more femme fatale’s the better. :grin:

3 Likes

I know we disagree about Timm, so I would like your opinion on this- how do you think they handled Lex?

Part of that is Timm gives most of the men one body type and almost every woman one body type, and I find that is the case in the vast majority of superhero cartoons.

All supervillains need their Mercys.

Flipping tables is fun, especially when they shield me from machine guns.

Does anybody like that scene? (other than as a so bad its good scene, as Owlman and I joke about it all the time).

Daddy loved that scene. He loved Otis’s comedy.

4 Likes

I don’t like the post-Crisis version of Lex in general. The Kurgan does fine in the role.

3 Likes

Thanks.

3 Likes

This might be controversial but it is what it is, I have watched these movies several times but at least I know why I don’t like them. I’m not a big fan of the Dark Knight Trilogy, but it did give us Heath Ledger’s Joker, a Scarecrow/Dr. Crane that was actually good looking, and Anne Hathaway.

As for most favorite… big sigh… I love Titans… but I really don’t under older Bruce Wayne, especially when I watch Game of Thrones, and all I see is Bruce Wayne when he talkes to Dany.

6 Likes

The Killing Joke movie was sadly mostly disappointing, but the ending really knocks it out of the park. It’s just a perfect recreation of the ending from the book and the performances there sounded exactly like they should, unlike some other scenes where the actors’ delivery was just off cough Joker’s monologue cough

I will continue singing the praises of The Dark Knight Rises as my favorite DC movie ever, except for Talia’s death scene. I have to close my eyes every time it plays it’s so awful, and I just don’t know why Nolan thought that was good enough to leave it. Thankfully it’s over very quickly

2 Likes

Hey… the intention was to try and bring us all closer together by actively trying to the other side. It’s working, even with a little bit if friendly snark here & there :wink:

3 Likes

Watched them several times and you don’t like them? I can understand once or twice, but the whole trilogy several times. Why do that to yourself? If it’s any consolation, I’m not the biggest fan myself. I think they’re good movies, but far from favorites of mine.

Yeah, I’m with you there. It’s mind boggling that after decades of absence on TV, that’s the Bruce Wayne we get.

3 Likes

I forgot how that happened, but I don’t want to go back & watch the movie again. What was so bad about it?

3 Likes

It’s just extremely cringey the way Talia quickly tilts her head down the moment she dies. It looks like a move from a middle schooler doing a death scene in their school play as opposed to a highly talented and experienced actor like Marion Cotillard

4 Likes

To be fair to @TheWifeOfJasonTodd, I watched Batman v Superman several times despite really disliking it. I was trying to get it to “work” and to convince myself I could like it. I watched the extended cut four or five times and I almost, almost got there before the whole thing kind of came full circle and I probably ended up disliking it even more than I did before.

Moral of the story is, I get it. With things you think you “should” like, sometimes you need to be convinced that they truly aren’t for you.

4 Likes

If I do not like a movie then no sequels or rewatches for at least a few years. It is a real time saver.

The only exception is I saw The Mopey Dwarf King 3 since it was on in the background.

3 Likes

lol, if you are referring to the movie that I think you’re referring to then this is a funny way to think of it…

3 Likes

I am referring to The Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies.

Bilbo is an unimportant side character. Why is he the title character?

3 Likes

Because Jackson added a lot to the story that put more emphasis on the dwarves and less on Bilbo so he could get a trilogy out of it… :man_shrugging: ?

3 Likes

Yeah I get it. I think my limit is two times though. One for the initial impression and the second to make sure I don’t like it. I did that with The Batman. I really wanted to like it. Like you said, on the second watch I almost got there but… no. The only time I’ll rewatch that snooze fest is if we have a party or something and folks want to watch it. Still, I’m hopeful that a sequel will change my mind. I’m forgiving that way :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes