Let’s Check In On Each Other & Recommend A Book

I hope everyone is doing ok. Don’t think I’ve seen @JLWWSM or @Aquamon in a bit. Lets see, I really enjoyed the witching hour (wonder woman and Justice league Dark) Hitman!!! Currently reading Justice League (all the totality stuff, after no justice.)

12 Likes

Thanks for the summoning, Officer @Aquamon AKA the Ancient Mariner! it’s good to continue to hear from you in the past week or two (that reads a little passive-aggressive, uh oh, me and my anger issues, am I right Dr. @biff_pow ?).

@Nathan.Payson continues to work out his obsessions with his weekly podcast btw. I’m sure you’d be very welcome to join one again. Your identical twin / polar opposite @nu52 made a startling the unexpected guest appearance a few weeks ago on the podcast https://youtu.be/XlUVr40OM6g (oooo ends with “6g”…is that when Lucas Fox’s kids become Batman Way Beyond???).

I also made a rare guest appearance on the show last week (along with resident published writer @Aurora ) https://youtu.be/qfbvOd6n4EU

Typically they’re recorded on Sundays these days.

I’m also sorry to hear about a family member’s struggles and I do hope everything’s back to normal soon.

I honestly have either heard from directly or read posts from the folks I’ve been concerned about the past 2 months ( otherwise known as the end of the very beginning of the pandemic situation).

Dear owner of this thread: please consider the two podcast links the DC cultural contribution; I just realized this is in General and therefore must flee the Mods…

11 Likes

@biff_pow and @Behemoth… I knew I was forgetting folks. Forgive my 40 year old brain. Hope all is well :slightly_smiling_face:.

12 Likes

@moro thanks for checking on me bud! I’m good! Hope you’re doing well! A book i have for you and a couple of my other friends (@Vroom @TravisMorgan @DeSade-acolyte @dogwelder9 @biff_pow) is Luthor the black label title. Give it a a read if you haven’t, you’ll get a deep look into how Lex view’s superman in our world. Hope all of you are doing well!

14 Likes

Thanks for the tag. I will second tag @nu52 and @MovieAddict.

I am grateful that I am still working. My biggest issue could be going a lot worse. I think i am making some progress with my “more simple” dog. He’s very bizarro my other dog. And if i can find a Bizarro Superman collar…

My recommendation is not a comic, but a novel. The Princess Bride, by William Goldman. if you liked the movie, I am willing to bet you will totes adore it.

Also @WonderWoman_85 and @Razzzcat

13 Likes

First thanks to @Oreum @DeSade-acolyte and @DC89 appreciate the shoutout. Dealing with home stuff right now (all will be fine) so kind thoughts and good reads are great.I will get on the reading assignments.
I’ve scanned down the thread here, there are so many great people on in the DCU. You all make this place great. I want to shout out to @N81 @ProActress2O @KeyFamily and @Pow-Pow. I hope you and everyone you care for is doing well. I want to recommend The Legend of Wonder Woman a DC Digital First available here on DCU. Written and Penciled by Renae De Liz this book is a beautiful looking unique take on Wonder Woman that really honors the character and includes my favorite ever version of Etta Candy. Give the first three issue arc a try.
https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/the-legend-of-wonder-woman-2015-1/74cf20ff-ff91-41ca-bdaf-1f72e9973d18/

16 Likes

Luthor (aka Lex Luthor: Man of Steel) is indeed a very fine read. :+1:

My comic recommendation is the Lex Luthor: Man of Steel mini-series, available in our library.

Recommendation 2: Divine Right: The Adventures of Max Faraday, by Jim Lee, and also available in our library.

Tags: @JLWWSM, @Applejack, @HubCityQuestion, @AlexanderKnox, @moro, @Robert-Snake-DeBeero and well, EVERYONE. :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

How am I doing? IT’S MY BIRTHDAY, that’s how I’m doing.

Let’s see here… I don’t think anybody’s tagged my DCW co-conspirators @hopeandlegos and @mysterious_pumpkin. I see Aquamon’s already here, so @Jay_Kay is the odd World of Bats leader out. And it’s not a WoB meet-up without @AlexanderKnox because honestly he contributes more than I do.

Finally, for a recommendation, any day on which I can get someone to read through the original volume of Birds of Prey is a good day.

21 Likes

I’m doing a second wave. I see my pal @D4RK5TARZ seems to be missing. How ya doin’ pal? Two more recommendations: Doom Patrol (2004-) by John Byrne and Orion (2000-) by Walt Simonson.

Edit: Calling @KamAndi80, @rwk, @nok, and @keylimetyrant. Hope you are all well and have some reading recommendations.

12 Likes

First off, Happy Birthday, @JeepersItsTheJamags! :smiley:

As for me…I guess I’m doing okay, but it hasn’t been without it’s hardships. Being labeled essential had given me long hours that can be stressful. Like another user our family dog also had to be put down. Then not long after, my mom had to go to the hospital, though thankfully she’s back home and resting.

It’s tough, but I’m trying my best at being positive and keeping my family safe. I may by late December burn an effigy of 2020, though.

Recommendations…hmm…of stuff here, I guess I’ll go with Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Grey, and Amanda Conner’s Power Girl. Perfect light reading that has a lot of laughs, while still having stakes and heart. To be more on brand, their run on Harley Quinn is rather similar on that front.

Can’t think of anyone to tag that hasn’t Been already.

12 Likes

“Ah hem” (Cough Cough)

4 Likes

3rd round. @msgtv @AlexanderKnox. Hope all is well :slightly_smiling_face:.

Another reading recommendation: Azzarello and Bermejo’s Joker and Batman Damned, back to back. Joker makes Damned a bit easier to digest. Damned’s narrative is a bit too “open to interpretation” for my taste, but it’s still quite a trip. Bermejo’s art is stellar throughout.

11 Likes

@biff_pow and @AntLeon I am not sure what this thread is all about, too busy to really look into it. As far as me, I am good, working regular and no worries financially. Our county is over 100 confirmed cases, but so far I have been free of it., as far as I know. Thanks for checking in, If you want a recommendation, I offer my favorite Stephen King novel 11-22-63 or a great Clive Barker novel Coldheart Canyon. If you want a comic to read, I really enjoyed the Wonder Woman story where they brought back Diana Prince, but I will have to look up the name to figure it out. That will take a spot of time…

8 Likes

@moro hey, man, hope all is well. I’m adding it to my reading list. I haven’t hit it before. Getting a lot of good looking Batman stories lined up.

6 Likes

Aww, shucks. I have been around. I also recently bought Final Fantasy 7 Remake and that has distracted me in all of the right ways! How are you @TravisMorgan?

7 Likes

Great idea @jsmsiggy ! I guess I’m late to the party. The folks I would tag are already tagged so I won’t be redundant. I would recommend the series 'Mazing Man by Bob Rozakis and Stephen DeStefano. It was just such a fun book. I don’t think it’s on DCU yet but 'Mazing Man did get a little animated here (only one of four segments):

https://www.dcuniverse.com/videos/watch/four-star-spectacular/e230d376-83e8-436a-8254-1d7792750a85/

6 Likes

Happiest of birthdays :birthday:!!!

8 Likes

Happy Birthday @JeepersItsTheJamags :banehappyhqtas: :birthday: :partying_face:

6 Likes

I just watched Princess Bride on Disney + this weekend.
I’ll have to read the novel.
I’m working from home and hubby is still working at the hospital.
I’m still making masks, thankfully, the demand has slowed down.
Everyone stay safe and healthy.
@EasternShoreSpeedster @biff_pow @SuperBlueGrodd
Hope you all are doing well. Love this community. Stay Strong everyone.

*Book recommendation:
Harley /Joker Criminal Insanity DC Black Label.
The art is phenomenal.

11 Likes

Yes, Happy Birthday @JeepersItsTheJamags

6 Likes