Legion of Superheroes Movie Line-up

There also the names that are the easiest to remember.

1 Like

I don’t think Warner entertainment will let them near anything for the foreseeable future

@capo-mage I don’t know how I just saw this. Glad you guys mentioned Wildfire and Mon-El. It would make me sad to see a movie without him. Especially since you guys are rooting for the 70’s-early 80’s costumes.

I mean, at least one character should be wearing clothes. Cosmic Boy and Tyroc’s costumes would probably earn a hard R rating even if the rest of the movie was as fluffy as a Pixar flick.

2 Likes

The obvious, non-negotiable four are Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Brainiac Five.

Shoot, there are six Avengers in their first movie and six JLers in theirs, huh? So I guess that means there should be six Legionnaires… But dang, I don’t like that! Part of the fun of the Legion is how big the team is!

I guess I’d stretch it just a little bit. The cartoon had nine core Legionnaires, counting Superman, right? I’d use mostly the cartoon’s roster, with a few changes. Put Rokk and Jo on the central team, and use Kara in place of Superman, to keep the youthful elements of the team. Kal can show up in a short appearance, Rao knows I’d never turn down a chance to see Henry Cavill reprise the role, but I think Supergirl is a character with enough name recognition to help sell the sub-franchise herself.

I wish I could fit Lar Gand in there, he’s one of my favorite DC characters overall, but I think this is pretty full as it is, sadly.

1. Cosmic Boy
  2. Saturn Girl
  3. Lightning Lad
  4. Brainiac Five
  5. Ultra Boy
  6. Phantom Girl
  7. Triplicate Girl
  8. Bouncing Boy
  9. Chameleon Boy
  10. Supergirl
2 Likes

You forgot Sunboy, one of the earliest members. Supergirl was a much later addition, other than that I’m ok with your 10.

1 Like

I was thinking about Sun Boy, he’s one of my favorites. Maybe I could swap out Cham for Dirk or something, but I really wanted a Super character, and I figured that Supergirl would be a better move than Lar Gand, Andromeda or especially Kal himself, but I love Sun Boy a lot, and I think he’s been demonized far too often in the comics!

Wait. Crap, I forgot about Element Lad !

See, this is why a small cast for a Legion movie is hard!

Well not all would necessarily make an appearance as it was rare to see them all in a story. They could have an empty seat with a name plate or make a verbal reference. The size of the Legion as it grew through the ages will make it almost impossible to satisfy all fans.

Why not have Mon-El?

An origin film would probably use Superboy as a POV character to introduce the Legion; after that, my picks to round out the core main characters would be:
Cosmic Boy
Saturn Girl
Lightning Lad
Brainiac 5
Triplicate Girl
Phantom Girl
Bouncing Boy

Other character can appear briefly and/or be mentioned, and could potentially be used more in any theoretical sequels.

I would prefer the Silver Age team, but @TravisMorgan, you are so spot on about putting them in the Bronze Age costumes. How cool would that look on the big screen? Out with the leather, armor, and onesies. It’s time to embrace the source material!

2 Likes

I just didn’t have room when I was trying to keep it limited to ten Legionnaires. It’s a real shame though, I absolutely love Lar Gand!

I might pick M’onel over Mon-El, though the difference is entirely nominal - just that as M’onel, he’s less directly connected to Superman, who doesn’t really have much room for Lar Gand’s Amnesia Adventure in his film backstory unfortunately.

1 Like

I will copy @Nether-Lohengrin’s answer and add Colossal Boy and Shrinking Violet to it. The original list is great as is, but I can’t leave those two behind.

2 Likes

I’m definitely a Silver Age fan, and my top three would be Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and Lightning Lad.

After those three I would vote for Triplicate Girl, Chameleon Boy, Karate Kid, Shrinking Violet, and Bouncing Boy.