Legion of Superheroes Movie Line-up

No, there hasn’t been an official announcement that Warner Bros/DC is making a Legion movie (at the time of this writing, anyway). This is just a curiosity-type thing: if DC/WB was going to make a Legion of Superheroes movie, who would YOU want to see in the line-up?

2 Likes

How many is the maximum? I’ll just do some off the top of the noggin.
Of course Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, & Cosmic Boy.
Triplicate Girl (Duo Damsel)
Phantom Girl
Shrinking Violet
Dream Girl
Princess Projectra
Shadow Lass
Dawnstar
White Witch
Polar Boy
Karate Kid
Spider Girl
Star Boy

4 Likes

I am more of a silver age team fan, so I would have several from your list but also Sun Boy, Ultra Boy, Light Lass, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy, Bouncing Boy, Invisible Kid, Colossal Boy and Mon-El. The later ones on your list may be fine just not part of the group I grew up with.

4 Likes

@CaptThunder001 @capo-mage I’ll take all of capo-mage’s lineup and add Wildfire, Timberwolf, Mon-El, Brainiac 5, Ultraboy, Colossal Boy, and of course Superboy or Supergirl. Of course I’m a Bronze Age guy so put them in their sexy seventies costume.

5 Likes

Right on. I can’t picture them in any costumes except Bronze Age.

2 Likes

The craziest thing is, I promise as a human being this is absolutely true. The others u listed were the ones I was gonna add to my list, I mean exactly those & only those. Then I figured I’d listed enough & should leave room open for others.

1 Like

No maximum, just whatever line up you’d think work best for a Legion movie :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me, the line-up would largely depend on HOW the Legion are being introduced (ie, are they getting their own movie first, or being introduced in a Superman sequel and spun out later?)
If it’s the former, I’d take inspiration from Mark Waid and Tom Peyer’s post-Zero Hour Legion stories and tell the group’s origin. Start with Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and Lightning Lad, then do the plot point of the U.P. drafting kids from the rest of the galaxy to round out the cast. Not sure who I’d draft exactly (definitely Brainiac 5 since he’s my fave and Colossal Boy so we can do the subplot of Gim getting selected as leader over Cos), but I’d want it to be a diverse group in terms of powers and personalities, probably a total of 8-10 members.
Alternatively, if they appear in a Superman movie first? Adapt Geoff Johns’ “Superman and the Legion of Superheroes” from 2008 and use that line-up (Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Brainiac 5, Wildfire, Dawnstar, Colossal Boy, Polar Boy, Night Girl, and Shadow Lass, with an assist from the Subs).
Or they could just reboot Superman altogether as “Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes” and use the cartoon line-up. That could be fun.

2 Likes

I’d watch that. Origin story is a must, even as many times as it’s been done & redone I love it. The subs involved is also a must imho to tell the LOSH story properly.

Taking a cue from the highly-successful Avengers movies, it would probably be best if a movie version of the Legion started with a smaller core group, probably the classic team from 1958 that continues to pop up as “core” even in the current Bendis version.

I think the more likely Legion media appearance would be via the CW or HBO Max using the CW versions. That was a decent core group: Mon-el (lead vunerability and all), Brainiac, Saturn Girl (ex wife of Mon-el), future Dream Girl, Winn Schott tech support, Chameleon. They could easily mix in Lightning Lad, his sister and evil brother. I think Matter Eating Lad would help bring the humor element. Triplicate Girl with Bouncing Boy would help with the romance and again humor angle. Finally, what fun if Supergirl ends up there stranded in the future, but continuing her show after she gets back with amnesia on the who and how.

1 Like

I will go 12, keep rest for sequels

Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Triplicate Girl, Phantom Girl, Chameleon Boy, Colossal Boy, Brainiac 5, Kid Quantum, Invisible Kid, Starboy, Supergirl. Kid Quantum dies at end.

In sequel I would introduce Bouncing Boy, Matter Eater Lad, Ultra Boy, Mon El, Dream Girl, Element Lad and Lightning Lass at the end. Invisible Kid and Lightning Lad perish. Also Triplicate Girl becomes Duo Damsel.

3rd movie, Karate Kid, Nemesis Kid, Princess Projecta, Ferro Lad, Shadow Lass, Timber Wolf all join. Nemesis Kid betrays the team, Star Boy is expelled. Dream Girl Quits, Ferro Lad dies.

1 Like

Ferro lad dies again? lol.

Hey I took out Invisible Kid, Kid Quantum, and Lightning Lad as well. Only no resurrection for Garth this time.

1 Like

Didn’t they already make that movie?

1 Like

Fair enough. I’ll take it.

I share a birthday with Ralph Macchio & my last name ends in “io” & rhymes with it. I also have a mean crane kick.

1 Like

I think with my blood bath this is the movie series the Game of Thrones series runners needs to do.

1 Like

That would suit me just right.

1 Like

I would like to see one based off of Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, and Saturn Girl. Maybe one in which LL has to give his life and the team comes back in the next movie to save him.

1 Like

The founders are a must.

1 Like