[Legion Fan Club] Justice League vs the Legion of Super-Heroes #4

Justice League vs the Legion of Super-Heroes #4

The 4th issue of this six issue limited series is finally out on digital DC Universe Infinite!

1. Which team up was your favorite, with Kamandi? Green Lantern? Wonder Woman? Someone else?

2. What do you think Naomi and Brainiac would have discovered if they had stayed with Kamandi before all being summoned back?

3. Should the Legion be allowed to jump back and forth in time like they do, or should they be fully restricted from doing that?

4. Which type of Legion story do you enjoy more, ones that are just in the future or ones that hop back and forth in time?

As always, please share any favorite art panels below:

Long Live the Legion!
Long Live the Legion!
Long Live the Legion!

4 Likes

I’m really liking the artwork for this series?!

3 Likes
  1. My favorite team-up was Kamandi. It seemed like a real story whereas the others seemed more of attempts to show how much the Darkness is messing with things.

2. I don’t know what might have been discovered.

3. I don’t mind the jumping around because it is almost all the Darkness causing it or immediate reaction to being jumped. To me, it does not imply that the Legioncan do this routinely.

4. I personally enjoy stories set in the future because it let’s the story exist without too much worry about what’s happening in the present currently.

I enjoyed this series but I still feel the story could have been more coherent. It takes a very good writer to write chaos and still let the reader not feel overwhelmed or like parts are missing.

4 Likes

I agree, some of my best memories of Legion are stories that fully take place in the future, like the original Legion Great Darkness saga .

I wish this have been a 12 issue miniseries instead of six. I definitely get to feeling something was pushing the writer out of DC about halfway through writing this. It probably didn’t help that, as you’ve noticed, several months would go by before an issue was published because of the artist struggling to fit in the art.

Thanks for continuing to join us as we read through this and reflect on it, @idle453.87595 !!!

3 Likes

Naomi, Kamandi, Brainiac 5, and Mon-El was the most fun grouping. The rest just seemed to be tossed together. The sections with Batman in them were about… Batman. Everyone else becomes a background character.

That the secret to life, the universe, and everything is 42. What are you looking for here, exactly?

One would hope there’s a story reason for the time jumps in the narrative-- at least, that’s what I think you’re asking.

Time Travel has always been a part of the Legion-- originally thanks to Superboy-- the Justice League has met several versions of the Legion-- what our JL heroes remember about their own history seems to be an air-tossed jumble again-- how does this Legion time-travel without meeting other versions of the Legion…? Most stories should be set in the Legion’s own time.

Super-aggressive Bouncing Boy is an annoyance.

4 Likes

Yup, Naomi, Kamandi, Brainiac 5, and Mon-El was the team up and storyline I found most intriguing as well.

Maybe Bendis reveals somewhere what he really had in mind before he grabbed his go bag and fled.

3 Likes
  • Which team up was your favorite, with Kamandi? Green Lantern? Wonder Woman? Someone else?
    Kamandi was the best one, but I did love seeing Alan Scott.
  • What do you think Naomi and Brainiac would have discovered if they had stayed with Kamandi before all being summoned back?
    That Leviathan caused the great Disaster.
  • Should the Legion be allowed to jump back and forth in time like they do, or should they be fully restricted from doing that?
    Time Jumping makes for some great stories, and my favorite versions of the Legion have has Suberboy and/or Supergirl on the team, that being said, my surprising answer is they should stay in the future.
  • Which type of Legion story do you enjoy more, ones that are just in the future or ones that hop back and forth in time?
    Normally the ones that are just I the future.
3 Likes

To this day, probably my favorite comic story of all time.

3 Likes

Leviathan causing the Great Disaster would definitely have been a Bendis move.

I guess now the Great Disaster is just another Earth in another dimension.

4 Likes

And Naomi preventing it in, like 2 panels, would be a BMB trope as well.

I’m going to go back and re-read the first four issues to catch up with the group!

4 Likes

It’s definitely in my top 5 along with COIE, Judas Contract, Kingdom Come, and the original Batman vs. Ra’s saga from the early 70’s. Love it - I’m going to have to haul out my Deluxe Edition and read it (again).

3 Likes

Definitely Kamandi, Mon-El and Brainy with Naomi - pretty fun stuff!

I think they would have discovered that the digital age cause the Great Disaster!

While I love 31st century stories, I am in favor allowing the LSH to time travel.

3 Likes

my favorite sequence of this story (so far).

4 Likes

Depending on how my new case of covid goes, hopefully I will have the new reading for the new issue number four posted tomorrow.

4 Likes

Don’t worry if it takes a little longer. Your health matters more. (And to be a little snide, we have time before the last issue).

4 Likes

Feel better soon @Don-El! Get some rest. :hugs:

3 Likes

Plenty of fluids and rest for you, hopefully its the mild version and you’ll just feel bad for a couple of days. Get well soon.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone!

Mark it down in the journal, I have survived the first night of the fever.

4 Likes

I hope you feel better really soon!

4 Likes

Most excellent

2 Likes