[Legion Fan Club] Reader Y3 M1 2 Years of Legion Fan Club Celebration as Year 3 Launches NOW!

I was very surprised how much fun the Scooby-Doo team up story was. I didn’t expect it to be that knowledgeable of Legion history and characters or as funny and clever as it was.

5 Likes

You should read more of the series, it’s fun to read for any fans of Scooby-Doo, when I read when they met Swamp Thing, I learn quite a bit about him!:grinning:

5 Likes

Just started Scooby-Doo, LOSH love it already. Here’s my panel to share. I love how they spelled mystery inc. Scooby-Doo style for roll call…

4 Likes

I’ve added to my que.

3 Likes

Nice it was great & the next team up is the BOP!!! I’ve never read these!!

3 Likes

Scooby-Doo/ LOSH team up, awesome!!! I loved how easily the gang took down the Fatal Five. Simplicity & no overthinking I’m not sure if it’s discussion time so blurred just in case.

4 Likes

I missed the doggie spelling first read lol

4 Likes

I missed the doggie spelling first read lol

4 Likes

At first glance I was thinking what’s this saying. Than Scoobs voice entered my head haha.

4 Likes

Alright… I’ve read the first two issues in the list so far.

I’m going to agree with everyone else, the Scooby Doo Team Up issues were amazing. Just light-hearted reads. And I’m glad they showed a family member just living their best life, happy with who they are and proud to have had a brother in the Legion, even if he lost his life with the Legion.

It’s such an obvious trope to have a family member be mad or upset or blame the other heroes when their relative loses their life as a member of the team. Instead he’s a happy productive member of society, and being an accountant is just perfect.

One thing I noticed in Secrets #1 is any sort of punching, kicking or fighting done in the issue is always done by the female members of the team. There is a half page where Saturn Girl kicks robots and dives to save Rokk. Later in the issue Phantom Girl is punching out someone and Triplicate Girl is restraining Lucifer Seven. It may just be the story, but it stood out to me to see the female Legionnaires getting all physical while the male members spent the issue relying on their powers from a distance.

5 Likes

Agreed, especially when you consider with the power sets are of Saturn Girl and Phantom Girl in particular.

5 Likes

Normally one of the Origins or Secrets mini series of Legion I avoid because I don’t like seeing the same story told over and over but it is interesting that this one from 1980 in our current reading here features the female members of the Legion so predominantly, pretty neat! In fact I think I’ll feature a panel over on our sister Panel a Day site!

4 Likes