[Legion Fan Club] Reader Y3 M1 2 Years of Legion Fan Club Celebration as Year 3 Launches NOW!

[Legion Fan Club] and Legion of Super-Hero Fans everywhere, welcome to our celebration of two years of Legion Club and the beginning of our Year Three Trek!

The Club That Would Not Die, The “Rooster” of the DC Community, much like the Legion of Super-Heroes in DC publication history!

We are also joining the DC Animation Club’s celebration of Scooby-Doo Team Ups this time around!

The 40 year Itinerary: SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP #65 – 66 (11/2017) , SECRETS OF THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1 (1/1981) , LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (1989-2000) #74 , Legionnaires #31 (11/95) , The Legion (2001-) #8 , LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (2019-) #10 , LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (1989-) #8 .

After you check these out, be sure to vote on which of these storylines is your favorite this time around, at the bottom of this particular thread header.

Not a Legion Fan Club member yet? Crave a nifty gold ring for your icon? To join and get in on other discussions and our archives, click here: DC Community 5

Legion Clubhouse: Legion Fan Club!

SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP #65 – 66 (11/2017)
https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/book/scooby-doo-team-up-65/74697bb9-cef0-4210-ba0f-e872234c0843/
The Legion of Super Heroes’ clubhouse is haunted—and the only one who can crack the case is that “legendary ghost-hunter from history,” Scooby-Doo.

The Bronze Age Legion circa late 1980- early 1981!

SECRETS OF THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1 (1/1981) DC UNIVERSE INFINITE They must search their past for a clue to the future…a search that will unlock SECRETS OF THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES!

Next stop for our Legion Time Bubble: The Modern Age / “Movie” Age of comics:

The Future Tense Crossover of 1995 with the “clone” Superboy continues!!!

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (1989-2000) #74 (9/1995) (Part 2) DC UNIVERSE INFINITE “Prisoner of the Super-Heroes!” Superboy and LoSH team up continues as they try to save Mon-el!

Legionnaires #31 (11/95) DC UNIVERSE INFINITE Part 3 of 3 of the Future Tense Crossover: The galaxy prepares for “the second coming of Valor.” Surprise; Superboy makes the secret arrival a huge 31st century media event.

The Legion (2001-) #8 (June 2002) DC UNIVERSE INFINITE It’s do or die for the Legion–and Earth–as the team unites in a final battle against Ra’s al Ghul,for Earth!

The post Doomsday Clock new Age of Legion Excellence:

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (2019-) #10 (October 2020) DC UNIVERSE INFINITE A grudge that has endured 1,000 years! The unstoppable behemoth Rogol Zaar has survived the millennium to haunt Jonathan Kent where he least expected it!!

And….the Dark / Copper Age featuring Keith Giffen as “Greek tragedy style” somber writer / artist with writing assists from husband / wife fan team of Mary and Tom Bierbaum

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (1989-) #8 (4/1990) DC UNIVERSE INFINITE The Legion takes a look back at its beginnings, showing how the team was really formed (wait, what?).

Again, happy 2nd Anniversary Legion Fans, and welcome to Year 3!!!

As always, please post your favorite panels / covers or quotes from these 4 eras of Legion!

Vote here to tell us your favorite storyline from this month’s curated selection:

• Scooby Doo
  • Secrets of the Legion
  • Superboy 94
  • Ra’s Al Ghul
  • Legion 2019
  • 1990 5 Years Later

0 voters

6 Likes

yeaaaay

4 Likes

Congrats on the milestone!

5 Likes

Congratulation @Don-El! :grinning: :legion_fan_club: And thankyou for the mention of DC Animated Club.

4 Likes

Congratulations @Don-El on two fantastic years! Here’s to making Year 3 even better. :fireworks: I’m excited to see you’re joining the DC Animation Club with their Scooby-Doo Team Ups as well!

5 Likes

Thanks, classic stuff too!

5 Likes

The first “official” Order of Induction and a bit of text from this one

4 Likes

Much appreciated @kevin_oyer.50320 especially as this is not digitized in the copy on DCUI. I have something related by coincidence that I’m going to be posting in a bit on our panel a day thread.

You have to chuckle when the writer of the column says that the Legion had been almost out for 30 years in 1981. Obviously he wasn’t hired for his math skills lol.

Still it is now over 60 years since Legion was first been published ! We talk about 40 years in our monthly reading because we’ve already read the first 20 years of LoSH digitized the past two years of our distinguished Club.

Much like “5 years After” in the Legion comics, we did just have around 5 years between the last published issue of Legion New 52 to the first one recently in 2019, so it can’t honestly be stated that there have been 60 years of non-stop publication of Legion tales. Yikes we’re in another block of Legion blackout publication now!

Here’s a version of this with just the list of first appearances / inductions into the Legion per enduring classic character.

I think Proty II is missing…lol

4 Likes

These are great! I’m just starting to read the Silver Age stories now by way of the Omnibus editions, so am coming up to the first intros of a lot of the characters.

Just finished reading the story that intros Star Boy. Just to show where my mindset is, I took one look at the picture of him looming cloth for Lana, and I thought he was grilling on a barbeque! :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah, this needs to stop. Not sure what’s going on with editorial right now, but they need to get their game back together.

4 Likes

Last night I read Scooby-Doo Team-up with Legion of Super-Heroes, it was really good. :grinning:

I find it interesting that the Legion of Super-Heroes would go in the past and ask Scooby-Doo and the gangs for help in their future!

Anyway I really enjoy reading it, think it was the first time I ever read it! :grinning:
:0_scooby_doo_1: :legion_fan_club:

4 Likes

I gotta Keep My Roobies straight!

6 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks @Reaganfan78 !
I thought it was fun that they went to the Scooby-Doo gang for help. I also like that it was the Ghost of Ferro Lad they needer help with which is actually a story back in the 1960s.

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/book/adventure-comics-1938-357/d35c8086-e1ac-4ae2-819c-4c8ccb156dc2/

4 Likes

Reminder to the [Legion Fan Club], we’ll be discussing these comics tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern / 6 p.m. Pacific on our secret audio chat line.

4 Likes

Oh a poll at the top, cool!

4 Likes

𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑲 𝒀𝑶𝑼 @Don-El!!! All your hard work is very appreciated!!

5 Likes

Feel free to join us in 15 minutes

5 Likes

Oops. I watched the Tribe right after I posted that. Hindsight 20/20 I would’ve been here instead…

5 Likes

Well finally got to my reading and the nostalgia wave was tsunamis like, though I have to say I enjoyed the scooby dog tale paying homage to the old Ferro Lad story the most, though loved them all.
Including the legion flashbacks in Secrets, Ra’s defeat, Saturn girl and Superboy kissing, and Andromeda’s surprise guest.

5 Likes