[Legion Fan Club] Reader Y2 M9 42 Years of Legion for our late January / mid-February selection!

I admit I wonder about that as well with Karate Kid. I do get a kick out of Marvel’s Inhuman Karnak being able to find the weak spot ain anything.

I have been thinking it would be nice to see a Legion member that’s like a Batman who has no superpowers but, like Batman or Daredevil in particular, has honed his human skills and has weaponry that makes him formidable as a warrior.

I get the sense the most current Future State Legion is leaning into that idea.

2 Likes

Future state is a 2 issue tangent. Maybe. Not sure if the Legion will pick up with what Bendis gave us over the last 12 months - or if it’ll be a continuation of the Future State Legion. Anyways a lot of old Legion Traditions were broken with both. For instance we have members who rely on items/devices for their powers, which used to be a means of disqualification from the Legion. Although it would allow for a member exaclty like Don-El was thinking of. We have Gold Lantern who has no inherent powers - just the ring, for example.

3 Likes

Great point I hadn’t thought about before.

3 Likes

A quote from a Bendis article on 1/25
There’s one more issue of Future State: Legion of Super-Heroes out in February, but there’s no Legion in DC’s solicitations for March and April.

But there are Legion plans coming. Legion is a hard book to make. There’s 34 lead characters, and we try to shove as many of them on panel as often as possible because that’s one of the best parts of the Legion is the scope of it.

I think you can kind of tell from the jam issues and the fill-ins and the level of quality, attempting to keep it at the highest quality possible, yet still delivering that very special Legion feeling…instead of fill-ins that may not be up to the quality that we were doing, we’ll stop, get a story ready to go, and solicit it when it’s time. There’s more to come.

I know that’s frustrating for some people and some people just want it monthly. I get that, but not all books are created in the same way. It’s art. Even though it’s commercial art, it is art. The pandemic also takes a lot out of the schedule. When we’re ready, we’ll put out more. We’re planning stuff that connects to what’s going on in Justice League as well. Not to connect the two, but that is 100% within what’s happening.

2 Likes

Wow I hadn’t seen that before and that is so encouraging.

2 Likes

Here is the whole article.

3 Likes