[Legion Fan Club] Presents: A Panel a Day of 63 Years of Legion of Super-Heroes

I agree with that for sure.

I’m thinking it would be an interesting plot line if there was some upcoming way he can break free of that but only in some limited way.

3 Likes

If he tries to use more than one power per limb at a time — He turns into Reflecto!

4 Likes

Trapper Tuesday
This is just before Legion of Three Worlds

4 Likes

This Legionnaires story with Chuck & Vi seemed to be a retelling of the Silver Age story where Tenzil takes Vi out on a date.

4 Likes

I never thought that Kinetix was overpowered. I thought it was pretty horrible that DnA completely turned her into a mute and Johns killed her off, ultimately.

4 Likes

Time Trapper Tuesday

Two things, Mr. Time Trapper:

Pick a side, any side.

Are you a good neighbor to everyone else living at the end of time? ( is it tomorrow or the end of time?)

3 Likes

Do I have it right that Kinetics deliberately created herself as a superhero?

4 Likes

So her story is that she discovered the concept of power by saving her mother via magic, then became somewhat obsessed with gaining more powers, and ended up getting powers from an “energy pool on Titan.” From there she wanted to get more powers with the idea of using it to help others. Then she was accepted into the Legion

It turns out that she was primed to accept mystical powers because Zoe’s mother had saved Mysa when pregnant, so that affected Zoe pre-birth to be more receptive to mystical energies.

Her quest for more powers ended up setting up the Emerald Eye and Mordru storylines in the reboot era.

Eventually she was altered into a half-awake ditz until Vi and Ayla rescued her and she learned that searching for power does not lead to the best end.

She started as a really interesting character, but under McAvennie’s editorship they turned into a complete airhead, then under DnA ignored then completely altered. Not sure why they had such a problem with her or why they couldn’t really write her consistently.

4 Likes

Well I’m thinking we’ll follow her storyline in future readings, but please give me a good idea of what issue we should abandon all hope for that storyline LOL.

I still do hope that we get through all the Legion issues, but I admit the six-year plan is quickly turning into a 12-year one.

4 Likes

I’d say that there are about 20 or so issues across the timeframe from 95-2000 or so (when she becomes a Terrorform) that I’d say show her journey, but some of the issues only have two or three pages while she’s on her quest with Mysa prior to her first real transformation. So if you just want to focus on the milestone issues, that can be reduced a lot more.

3 Likes

If you like and don’t mind please send over some of the issue numbers you think we should feature either over on Discord perhaps or a one-on-one message here, that would be great.

4 Likes

Sure - I’ll hit you up on the Discord so as to not confuse the threads here

4 Likes

Wednesday:

4 Likes

Wild

4 Likes

Thursday

Cleaning day at the clubhouse; whose turn is it this week?

4 Likes

Friday!

5 Likes

Now I got to find out why Polar Boy is a boy!

5 Likes

The sad thing was that they never really followed up with the subs in the Reboot.

3 Likes

DNA huh?

3 Likes

No, this story was Stern’s and even the Peyer/McCraw/Stern crew didn’t really touch them after this. That was probably McAvennie’s call, as based on his essay from a couple years ago in the Legion 1 Omni, he seemed to be done with the re-introduction of Silver Age concepts into the Reboot Legion.

The issue from this frame, Legionnaires 43, was published while KC Carlson was editor, and they had made some plans that were not followed up on when McAvennie took over less than a year later. But who knows for sure?

5 Likes