[Legion Fan Club] Presents: A Panel a Day of 63 Years of Legion of Super-Heroes

Why happy anniversary RexRebel, which year is it?

5 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty good. Add in on request. Tough to top…?

4 Likes

Three Years and Counting as a member, active in the community about a year and a half.

4 Likes

You took a chance like I did, investing in this before we really knew what was going on.

I just did the same thing with something called “Kasparov Chess.” I really hope I don’t lose my money on that one.

3 Likes

Hopefully it will pan out, good luck with it.

4 Likes

Thursday

It’s the Espionage Legion again vs Space Pirates this time:

I need to post our monthly reading today, maybe we’ll focus on the Espionage groups!!

5 Likes

3 Likes

It must be Substitute Friday!!!

4 Likes

So what day, does that make it?

3 Likes

Fry-Day !!!

4 Likes

Oh I get it yeah I’m not sure what day is standing in for Friday this week

3 Likes

5 Likes

So I just spent breakfast searching Legion instead of Legionnaires of the mid late '90s lol.

3 Likes

Magic users like Kinetix always provide writers with a power-dilemma, Just how powerful do we make them? Before too long it’s just better to write them out.

4 Likes

Agreed, similar to the problem of having Superman on your team …it’s like, why would you need anyone else on the team?

5 Likes

In comics, … Yanno how far back this argument goes? It goes back at least as far as the composition of the first Team book, All Star Comics. Two companies shared the same building, and even some of the same artists and writers. One was called All American Comics, and the other was called National Allied. Both would later merge to form DC Comics.

For those two companies, a hero’s true super-power was how many copies they sold a month, Superman & Batman sold the best out of all of them.

So then, Superman & Batman would be Honorary Members of the JSA from the beginning of the group, they did not appear as a regulars in the stories. To begin with, the team had a roster of eight active heroes, four of which were from the All-American Comics Company while the other four were from National Allied. The idea was to give characters that did not have their own book (but were featured in another book) a bit of a spotlight. If a character did get his/her own book, they would also become honorary members and be replaced by another lesser known character that had a feature, but not his own book. Superman & Batman only appeared in issues #7 & #36 of All-Star Comics.

National Allied Comics contributed four of their characters:
Sandman, Spectre, Hourman, and Doctor Fate.
All-American Comics contributed four of their characters too:
Flash, Hawkman, Green Lantern and Atom

Power … was in sales! And that’s how the JSA came to be —
In All-Star Comics #3

4 Likes

Amazing! Looping in another club that I belong to on this, @JasonTodd428

4 Likes

Very Interesting, never knew that before.

3 Likes

Monday

Ultra Boy “Why use two when one eye will do?” ( just don’t mind the 2 eye guy with the S on his chest in the background)…

4 Likes

That’s really taking that one at a time “limit” awful serioiusly!

4 Likes