[Legion Fan Club] Monthly Reader Year 3 Month 5: Princess Projectra and Reflecto Shine!

[Legion Fan Club] and Legion of Super-Hero Fans everywhere, get ready for this month’s bright and shiny curated selection!

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (1980-) #276-277 (1981), Cosmic Boy (1986) #3-4,. Legionnaires #48 and Adventure Comics (2009) #516 (2010)

Not a Legion Fan Club member yet? Crave a nifty gold ring for your icon? To join and get in on other discussions and our archives, click here: DC Community 5

Legion Clubhouse: Legion Fan Club!

Be sure to visit the [Legion Fan Club] Presents: A Panel a Day of 63 Years of Legion of Super-Heroes for your daily ray of heroic inspiration: [Legion Fan Club] Presents: A Panel a Day of 63 Years of Legion of Super-Heroes

Bronze Age: Princess Projectra and Reflecto Shine!!!

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (1980-) #276 (June 1981) The Legion of Super-Heroes (1980-) #276 Princess Projectra! Phantom Girl! Star Boy! Shadow Lass! Sun Boy! Chameleon Boy! all visit a medieval planet full of magic drawn by Steve Ditko! The Legion like you’ve never seen them before!

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (1980-) #277 (July 1981) The Legion of Super-Heroes (1980-) #277 It’s Reflecto and Grimbor in the same comic book! Grimbor the Chainsman engulfs the Earth with giant chains in space that are constricting the atmosphere.

Modern Age, post Crisis :

Cosmic Boy #3 (9/86) Cosmic Boy #3 Continuing the 4 issue story of Cosmic Boy and Night Girl in “the present day 1980’s” on a vacation but suddenly find themselves in the middle of the after-Crisis “Legends” storyline!

Cosmic Boy #4 (10/86) Cosmic Boy #4 Wait, who’s that mysterious figure in purple???

Modern Age, Post Zero Hour Legion :

Legionnaires #48 Legionnaires #48 The start of a 4 part Mordru story that features Kinetrix at her best!

Modern Age, post Final Crisis :

Adventure Comics (2009) #516 (July 10) Adventure Comics (2009-) #516 Early years of the Legion according to Geoff Johns, The Last Will and Testament of R.J. Brande.

As always, please post your favorite panels / covers or quotes from these Leg-ion-dary stories!!!

3 Likes

Just enough, and a variety pack of Legion Goodness too!

3 Likes

Funny, the cover date for issue #4 is Mar 1987 - Soooo there was a five month lead time back then between the sale date and the cover date. Probably some nefarious scheme of the Time Trapper going on there …

After the Karate Kid Series in the 70’s, I can remember not being too enthusiastic about another Legionnaire taking a romp in the past, but this last issue had a couple of golden moments. Here’s One. The epilogue (in retrospect) foreshadows the death of the Pocket Universe Superboy

4 Likes

Well on the bright side at least they didn’t just ignore the problem about Superboy after Crisis.

The continuity of Time Trapper is a nightmare at DC, but that’s just the way it goes at the end of time.

3 Likes

“Dawn of the Dark Lord” was fun in a few respects, but particularly in how it drew so many sub-plots in. XS crushing on M’Onel, Vi and the Eye, Mysa the Hag, Star Boy’s new powers, a Dragonmage appearance, plus little bits like U.P. Outpost Delta, Dreamer’s dream, The U.P. at war with Sklar, Element Lad crystalized… … … and of Course - all this and Mordru too!

3 Likes

Lord Romdur’s Castle …
Adventure Comics #300 pulled the same trick on us with the main Villain.
I mean, who would have guessed that Urthlo was Luthor?
So wait 20 years and try that trick again, putting Romdur for Mordru,
Such clever writers. Ditko’s art put me off a bit as usual, but then again that’s just Ditko.
Best Quote from the story:
Sun Boy " — Mordru, master of the sorcery sinister !"

Well yes, of course he is!

3 Likes

Well at least this Mordru has grown up… literally lol

3 Likes

Especially after being buried for centuries. Didn’t stunt his growth at all lol.

3 Likes

Finally, finished my reading,
LSH 276
I really enjoyed seeing some of the so-called less powerful legionnaires defeat Mordru and also enjoyed this issue putting them in the spotlight. Ten out of ten on this one.
LSH 277
Another Legionaire tale I enjoyed, it was nice seeing wildfire being his normal self. And I am curious about this Reflecto who has a strange attraction to Tinya. I can’t wait to read more and learn more about him.
CB 3
Nice to see Rokk let loose with his powers, I don’t recall ever realizing he was born on Earth before, and the master mind is unveiled.
CB 4
Nice to see Night Girl unleashed and getting some credit, also the Time Trapper is now way more powerful than he use to show. The ending a true cliffhanger Superboy and Krypto captured, same Legion Channel , Same Legion time, Next month.
L48
Finally a Mordru worthy of the name, and not a wimp. Nice seeing how effective Sensor’s powers can be, and poor Garth still a hothead, reminds me of Starlord blowing it against Thanos.
A516
A nice tribute to RJ Brande, and great origin story, even without much heroics, it kept me interested. The Brainy abuse was hilarious.

Till next time.

3 Likes

Thanks @rexrebel glad you found some nuggets in there!

I’ll make a note for us to be sure to continue to explore this Reflecto character.

3 Likes

This is one of my favorite reboot stories (right before the remerging of the teams and the quality started to suffer), as I really enjoyed the teamwork, the setup of Wildfire and Kinetix in action!

3 Likes