[Legion Fan Club] Monthly Reader Y2 M3 Final Crisis: Legion Of Three Worlds

That’s how I like to look at it. Infinite Frontiers is the next thing, yes? And its comics so I can have my own interpretation. :smile:

Still, I have a bone to pick with Geoff J about axing Kinetix. “Lame Lass?”

LOL

3 Likes

I’m still grieving how they got rid of the New 52 Superman that I thought was a cool idea so I definitely relate to what you’re saying.

4 Likes

@Don-El I completely agree. That 52 Superman gone was not a good idea. Anytime a Kryptonian is messed with, I get very upset. Lol. Superman 52 was a power house. Anytime you have Superman, he is always a bringer of good and a much needed power house.

2 Likes

The blue jeans costume was the kind of out of the box thinking I like, what can I say?

2 Likes

Ill admit I’m not a big fan of Johns or what he did to SB prime (aside from the death metal storyline which is another post in and of itself) but I did enjoy the opportunity he gave for the three legions to coexist and team up in the future

2 Likes

This is something I need to read

2 Likes

Don’t worry he’s somewhere in the dark multiverse doing rao knows what

3 Likes

Yeah, it was a very totally mixed reaction from me. Lo3W was a crazy ride with all kinds of action. I liked how it basically reinstated the Levitz Legion (which I thought was amazing, but way too short), and them teaming up with Threeboot was fun (and I really enjoyed the Waid run of the Threeboot), but the voiding of (what I considered at the time) “My Legion” stung. I also thought that they were going to do something with the “New Wanderers” concept, which never seemed to pan out - but who knows, maybe it will!

In any case, I’m having a blast re-reading everything, so I’m grateful for all the writers and artists telling these stories!

3 Likes

Idk how far u all are? I reread it for the 3rd X on here just b4 joining this club. I’m not even positive it’s a LOSH issue (although I’m 95%) but one of my favorite moments, especially speaking LOSH & Final Crisis- is the whole Cold War type stand-off with the Atomic Knights. I love how both sides are right, according to protecting their people & I love those horse sized Dalmatians

2 Likes

I’ve read all of the reboot and threeboot and hoping to start reading the og series soon but I’ve read the whole lo3w and loved it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That would be the Convergence SLOSH title from a few years ago.

I didn’t really get the rest of convergence, so I wasn’t sure what this was all about, but the whole Ayla and Superboy romance thing was kind of weird to me. LOL

3 Likes

I was very tempted a while back to pick up “Showcase Presents: The Great Disaster featuring the Atomic Knights.”

Hmmm…

2 Likes

Yes. I knew it was off but I couldn’t think of what else it would’ve been. I just recently (for full crossover rereads) reread both. Maybe 2 months ago. So I’ve been mixing up the info from both. I’m also almost due for “The Great Lightning Saga” reread soon. Ty for the catch. I don’t Google unless it’s something that slipped my mind & is driving me crazy. I feel like I retain more by having things to associate it with. In other words.- I don’t think if u Google something your gonna remember it as long as if u read the comics (or what have u) yourself & have at least a little something to get the axons firing to dendrites & complete the synapse. . So now that u corrected me, I’ll always remember which crossover that was in. If I would’ve Googled it & checked b4 I posted? I would’ve forgotten 3mins later.

2 Likes

That’s what these forums are for, right? SOMEone here know what we’re talking about! :laughing:

I only remembered it cause I read it, what, like 3 weeks ago? So it was timely!

I’m going to do the same about GDS - after the new JL was released, I want to reread DarkSeid! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly. Everyone on here knows what’s up, so even when I know I’m wrong, I know it will get caught & repaired. I was also thinking it was Multiversity for a second. But I eliminated that & had 50/50 shot lol. There’s absolutely never a wrong time to read Darkseid. The King 4th world forever!!!

3 Likes

As a kid, I loved reading the Atomic Knights! Dalmatians were used as steeds because they are largely deaf and wouldn’t be scared by the sounds of battle. The same reason that they frequently ride on Fire Trucks with the siren blaring - without being skittish and jumping off!

3 Likes

Thanks, Kevin - I had no idea.

Also - I had not heard of the Atomic Knights until I saw this Legion Convergence title.

1 Like

Regrets in life: I really should have bought this at cover price when I had the chance a little over a year ago, the internet wants a little more used unfortunately now.

But look at this list of Silver and Bronze Age comics they appeared in:

The Day After Doomsday

Tales of the Atomic Knights

The Gods Return

More Tales of the Post-Apocalyptic World

Alternate Endings

Please forgive me Community Overlords, I thought this was a private correspondence LOL…

2 Likes

Right on ty @Don-El I’ve got a new mission.

1 Like

I seem to recall its an unusually fat Showcase Edition too

1 Like