[Legion Fan Club] đź“ş Legion of Super Heroes Animated Series Watch-Along đź“ş Wednesday November 6th 9 PM EST PM MST / 8 PM CST

[Legion Fan Club] 

:tv: Legion of Super Heroes Animated Series Watch-Along :tv:

The once a month Wednesday [Legion Fan Club] Watch-Along

2 short episodes = a fun way to celebrate the halfway point of the week!!!

Legion of Super Heroes Animated Series S1: E12 and E13

Join the Legion Fan Club as we celebrate an optimistic vision of the future!

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!
When: Wednesday November 6th 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST / 7 PM MST / 8 PM CST

We’ll launch the recordings in perfect unison like a precision marching band at the appointed time!

(note that they call Superboy “Superman” in this series because of some copyright issue in 2007 when this came out…maybe Smallville?)

Sundown - Part 1
S1:E12 — The Legion is put to the ultimate test when an ancient weapon known as a Sun Eater comes to life. Part one of a two-part episode.

https://www.dcuniverse.com/videos/watch/sundown-part-1/403add1b-7d6d-4a4e-8615-e61a2a0df2b7

Sundown - Part 2
S1:E13 — With the Sun Eater on a direct course for Earth’s sun, the Legion has no choice but to ask bitter enemies for help to stop it.

https://www.dcuniverse.com/videos/watch/sundown-part-2/73e3bea9-3382-408a-9f29-3a5e28451d3e

Don’t miss the fun, especially on the NEW COMMUNITY 2.0 PLATFORM: You never have to leave the Watch A Long Thread and come back in during a feature flic every again!!!

3 Likes

I’m in! I love this series and haven’t watched it in a while.

2 Likes

I’m setting an alarm!

1 Like

It’s time to hit the magic button!

1 Like

Not sure if I’ll make it for this one, but I wanted to address one thing from the post:

As I recall, at that time, the estate of Jerry Siegel had won a case where while DC owns the rights to Superman, they didn’t have the rights to Superboy. It’s been surmised that part of the reason why Conner died in Infinite Crisis and Superboy Prime was referred to Superman Prime in Countdown.

But DC came to an agreement with the estate to use Superboy again – that’s where the “Special arrangement with the Joe Siegel family” comes from.

1 Like

Wow

It’s in half an hour right?

That is correct

Everyone I suggest save the two episodes to Favorites so it’s easy to find whatever device you’re going to use to stream from. We’re going to go from one episode right to the next.

I’ll be watching using Roku on my 56 inch TV while I tap merrily away on this 10in Android tablet.

1 Like

Sweet, looks like I’ll be able to watch it. I don’t think I’ve seen any of this series before now, is this mostly episodic or am I going to be lost watching this?

1 Like

Pretty episodic. Plus you’ve read the original material that this will be based on. Bring a hankee

This show is so good! You should be fine just jumping on, but I’d say you should watch previous episodes at some point :slight_smile:

I probably will watch the previous episodes before the next one. :slight_smile:

then of course get queued up and be at The Bugs Bunny sign

1 Like

Hello! I’m all cued up at Bugs Bunny!

1 Like

5 minutes! My battery’s at 29% – WILL I SURVIVE?

Let me put it to you this way – Ferro Lad has better odds in the dead pool.

Now that I think about it…that’s probably why we’re gonna need hankies, isn’t it?

1 Like

3 minutes! 28%! :astonished:

2 minutes! I’m shutting down life support to decks 4-7!