[Legion Fan Club] Legion of Super-Heroes Academy Training Week 4 (11th Month of Year 3 of Legion Club Fun) March 23rd 2022

Are you ready to continue to learn how to be a hero? Welcome to Week 4 of your intense Legion of Super-Heroes Academy semester studies! Complete this week’s training, then be sure to stop by next week for the next session at Legion of Super-Heroes Academy!

Modern Age / Reboot Era :

LEGIONNAIRES #55 https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/book/legionnaires-55/79786fc6-6b30-42c1-b1bc-50a93f65b024/c

The Composite Man returns, seeking revenge on the Legion and Chameleon in particular!

• Who were your favorite heroes in the attacking Legion team?
  • Do you like the futuristic “Dial H for Hero” character?
  • Did you feel sorry for this Composite Man?

Not a Legion Fan Club member yet? Crave a nifty gold ring for your icon? To join and get in on other discussions and our archives, click here: DC Community 5

Legion Clubhouse: Legion Fan Club!

Be sure to visit the [Legion Fan Club] Presents: A Panel a Day of 63 Years of Legion of Super-Heroes for your daily ray of heroic inspiration: [Legion Fan Club] Presents: A Panel a Day of 63 Years of Legion of Super-Heroes

I have completed Week 4 of Legion Academy Hero Training
  • Yes I have, sir!
  • No I did not. Sir!

0 voters

Long Live the Legion!

Long Live the Legion!

Long Live the Legion!

1 Like

@DanTheManOne1 Guess what appears here?

4 Likes

And is that Blue Devil again on her shirt?

3 Likes

Since I missed last week I thought I’d try to do this one quickly.

1. My favorite Legionnaire in the attacking team is Kinetix, but she is one of my top five favorite legionnaires. I also thought Vi was well used here.

2. Unlike most people who read this when it came out, I actually liked Lori. She was annoying though (to the Legionnaires, not me). As far as the H-Dial goes, I thought it was an interesting plot device but not fully utilized. For this issue it was used well, but imagine if the Legion tried to find Chiller to invite her to join. I don’t think Lori has any control over the change.

3. I’ll be honest, I never thought of Composite Man as more than a way to show the Legion as a group was more than the individual members. It shows it here where the teamwork beat him. As such I didn’t feel sorry for him.

LLL

4 Likes

@jihaehae

4 Likes

Oh?? Somehow I didn’t get a notif for this?? I’m on it!! haha

4 Likes

I have never read this series before. I thought this version of Element Lad was interesting.
Yes, I liked the Dial H character. I really enjoyed the original Dial H stories way back when.
No, I didn’t feel sorry for the Composite Man.

3 Likes

• Who were your favorite heroes in the attacking Legion team? Kinetix and Live Wire

• Do you like the futuristic “Dial H for Hero” character? Very much! The fact she is very young matches the history of “Dial H.”

• Did you feel sorry for this Composite Man? He’s tragic for sure. I’m thinking if someone could just slow him down, help him connect with others, he might turn a new leaf.

3 Likes

I’m afraid I don’t have as much to say as usual (maybe a good thing lol); I haven’t read this series yet so I have no context for this issue haha

1. Of the attacking Legionnaires, my favorite is usually either Jan or Garth, but I’m not familiar with these versions of them so I couldn’t really be sure. I haven’t met Kinetix or Monstress yet but they seem cool~
  2. I’m not familiar with Dial H either lol but Lori seems cute! I wonder if Ben 10 was based on Dial H, the concept seems pretty similar.
  3. I probably would feel bad for Composite Man if I had a little more context because it sounds like he has a tragic backstory, but based on just this issue I don’t really have a particular opinion on him.
    I was kinda disappointed Cham wasn’t in it more, since he’s my favorite Legionnaire, but I liked the little bit of him testing out all the furniture haha
    Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 10.55.31 PM
4 Likes
  • Who were your favorite heroes in the attacking Legion team?
    I like the way Leviathan and Kinetix was portrayed here as to the rest, nothing special, nor my favorite versions of them.
  • Do you like the futuristic “Dial H for Hero” character?
    From the brief exposure, not really, I can see potential there, but if I handed a rotary dial to someone’s kid today, they would just look at it and throw it away.
  • Did you feel sorry for this Composite Man?
    For a villain, no,nope, not at all.
4 Likes

By the way I think you can vote again to show that you read it if you wanted to do such a thing that is

4 Likes

So, to explain why you suddenly have what seems this random issue to wade through, its like this:

[Legion Fan Club] uses this sheet link to track reading every digitized issue of Legion, year after year, starting May 1st of 2019:

Issues that have no Column B Legion Date on them have not been read by the club as a group yet.

So May of this year the club will have been around 3 years, a drop in the bucket compared to other Legion Fan efforts, but we do occasionally have fun. My original vision was to have the Club complete all digitized Legion comics in a six year time period, but that is no longer looking possible, which is fine. We’ll instead slowly sip the issues like a fine wine.

4 Likes

Ohh wow :open_mouth: that’s a nice list haha
How do you decide what we read next though? We are kinda jumping around a bit, right?

3 Likes

Well sometimes we read two issues in a row like a few weeks ago, but really I figure any given month just keep sampling a little of each of the eras. I believe almost every individual member has their own unique era that they love, so I feel if I focus on one era all month, I’m going to lose 2/3 of the club.

3 Likes