Legion Club Weekly Reader: July 24th – July 30th The Durlan Extremist Group Caper

That is definitely a possibility. I don’t want to say that he doesn’t write good stories without Giffen per se, but it’s definitely apparent that Levitz is a little more precious with these characters than Giffen, who seems to be of the mindset of “I make my favorite characters suffer.”

… but which can lead to some great writing. Maybe the next set next month from this series will be a little better.

I just completed this for the second time in 9 years. Overall I do like the approach of several settings, several groupings of Legionnaires to crack the case. The Follow the Money concept is really kinda deep, funny how often crime cases are solved using that motif.

I also noticed that the Legion is still using that monitor with a different icon representing each individual Legionnaire, like we noticed in the first half of the Great Darkness Saga last week.

I enjoy how Brainiac 5 is presented here so far. When we stop by this era again next month, let’s see if that continues!

Tomorrow we board the Time Bubble and go way back in time to pick up on some other story threads we have been pursuing the past few months!