Legends of Tomorrow: There Will Be Brood (Spoilers)

I am just a sobbing mess after this episode. I will try to pull myself together to provide you the words you came here to read. Welcome to the Legendary Island of Misfits he says solemnly.

1. First, love the episode titles. In this case we are playing off the movie There Will be Blood, which also had to deal with oil and land issues if I recall.
  2. “I was never really one of you. A Legend. I’m a nasty piece of work and I walk a path alone.” Knowing what happens later in the episode, I am reminded of when Joe Pesci pushed the others away in With Honors, but then I remember this is just John being well, I guess comic-accurate John?
  3. “I’m more of a fly by the seat of my pants guy.”
  4. That’s right, John, easy with those fire hands, we only have so much budget left this season.
  5. “Abracadabra John Constantine.” Too bad I can not use this nickname anymore…sniff.
  6. 1925 Texas and Spooner’s mom?!?! Just how old is Spooner? Wait and see.
  7. Evil land baron trying to buy land that she won’t sell. The show has gone through every other genre why not?
  8. The conversation with Spooner and Astra about if Astra had the chance to talk to her mother would she take it shows there is a link between them of losing their mothers and causing them to take their own paths.
  9. Mushrooms are aliens? See, it is a good thing I am a picky eater, I have not eaten you oh benevolent alien lords.
  10. Bishop enjoys having someone like John who can keep up with his rapid fire thinking.
  11. "Maybe best kid you doesn’t see you you for timeline reasons. BTTF, baby!
  12. That is a good point, why do they take the time couriers off?
  13. Nice to see aliens use social media too, what with Galixiposts and tagging Kayla a picture of Mick and faux-babies.
  14. Young Spooner thought it would be cool to explore space and liked War of the Worlds.
  15. OK, so when John wiped her mind of his evil actions that was not the first time? Will that cause any damage like that mind wipey thing from MIB?
  16. OK, so Spooner came from the 1920s. Her blood activated the Fountain and the alien protected her by sending her away. There is quite a lot of development in this one episode for her and I like the time travelish aspect to her origin.
  17. “She’s here…” Poltergeist?
  18. “How did you survive?” “Miracle of childbirth.”
  19. “The eggs may be fake but my feelings for you are real.” Awww, Mick.
  20. Bishop’s thought process involves grooving. But of course it does.
  21. “Hope your pocus is focused.”
  22. OK, John, you have gone too far when you tell Astra that she would have disappointed her mother for dabbling in the dark arts.
  23. Spooner’s mom does not believe in violence, contrast with adult Spooner who wants to shoot something.
  24. If Spooner fixes history, Astra and her never become friends and Astra does not want to lose her friend. I’m not crying, well maybe a little.
  25. “I didn’t become the person you wanted me to be.” “You did. You’re brave, have a big heart and are a time traveler. Whatever powers took you away from me, brought you back to me.” OK, is this episode trying to make me cry. SO beautiful.
  26. “We’re saved by faith alone.”
  27. “Dance naked around a bonfire.” Sad part is I could see Bishop doing it if it would help.
  28. Yes, Bishop, stop your bloody incessant commentary for one minute.
  29. “OK, Astra take care of me.” “Always.” OK, here come the feels.
  30. “Because of your greed, you forced a young girl to leave her mom and home. I will show you what real pain is. This will never be your land. I am my mother’s daughter!” Spooner grew though and took her mom’s words to heart doing just enough to scare them off but not kill or really hurt them.
  31. Hehe, John-Boy, hehe.
  32. “She’s gone now.” “No, she is right here with me.” OK, just stop it!!!
  33. I love the fact that the cloaking of the Waverider is an option on the key fob.
  34. Follow the weirdness should be another motto for this show.
  35. Big surprise that Bishop betrayed John before John could betray him. But killing him one episode before the end? Not cool.
  36. Bishop has plans upon plans if he also wired a bomb on the ship for the Legends. 48 Pick Up indeed.
  37. NOOOO!!! MICK!!! He was only trying to save the last of his babies!!! He could hide his past burns under gloves but I am not sure what will happen now!!!
  38. The fountain was protecting our planet from invasive alien species so by killing it, you destroy the planet? BIshop has now leaped to worldwide threat when I thought he was just annoying. OK, he still is annoying, but still impressive.
  39. Of course destroying the fountain resulted in John dying, and what about Spooner?!?!
  40. “You are John Constantine, you always have a plan.” Sadly not this time…
  41. “God, you look like your mum.” Last words to Astra, and I am just a mess now.
    Wow. Lot of background for Spooner, death of at least one Legend, Mick blowing up, Spooner dead?!? Bishop triumphant? World Ending? I do know if I can wait another week to find out how the Legends will come out of this, but until then Stay Legendary!
6 Likes

In the comics even death can’t keep John down for long. Did he still have dealings with Swamp Thing and the Green in the Arrowverse? Mushrooms, Green, am I reaching here or is Swamp Thing about to make his official debut in the Arrowverse? Not to mention the setup for next season.

3 Likes

John did mention he knew Swamp Thing back in Season 4 I believe?

3 Likes

Awesome™:+1: episode.

Spooners origins revealed. Very nice. Cool time travel twist. Nice friendship with Astra. New power reveal. And a lot of nice moments with her and her mom.

The gang gets stuck but with Kayla’s help there good. But fall into the trap. Mic get blown saving his kid. :scream:

John and Bishop on an adventure. Mushrooms are aliens. That’s great :joy:.
John back to his old dark self but in the end gets triple crossed. His death scene with Astra was great. The one who started it all for him. And then Z2. Very sad :cry:.

Is this the end of John? Is this the end of Mic? Can our heroes stop Bishop? All this and more Same Legendary Time Same Legendary Channel

2 Likes

You’re right I think he did mention it

2 Likes

I still miss Swamp Thing, Abby and Alec!

1 Like

The twist with Spooner was great because the show tricked us, this season has been about aliens and Spooner said she was abducted, which made sense in a season of aliens. So to have her be a time displaced person was a genius little trick.

2 Likes

For all things Arrowverse, check out @arkhamassassin and his group’s page:

1 Like

I finally caught up!

This was so rough. Especially knowing he’s not returning next season. I was like, really?!!! Is that how he’s going out? :sob: Valiant, but still, that’s a rough end.

This was great!! Loved this part of the episode

1 Like