Welcome again my Legendary Island of Misfits. I hope this week’s summary finds you all safe and sound and surrounded by loved ones like the Legends family. We will get through this, they have shown me the future. Before I cry too much about the departure of an original Legend, lets get started.
- What do you mean you can’t start life together with one foot in past? This whole show’s concept is about going back into the past.
- Did it seem to anyone else with this episode that Brandon really did not want to leave?
- This futuristic ship only has one bathroom? Really?
- No MacGuffin talk until after my coffee
- Mick: I would be too if I had all that damn hair. I loved seeing Mick much more over this episode again!
- Mick again: You’re moving out. Next logical step in a relationship. And by the way I heard you two going at it like jackrabbits. Sweet yet still truly a Roryism
- I liked the use of Mona in this episode, just enough to not be annoying and she seemed more at ease than previous episodes
- Astra recalled the evil souls to Hell, so no more encore for Encores?
- Ray: Saying goodbye to Nate is biggest mission yet. He did go to the moon once, so maybe second.
- I liked that Gidget even got in on the act of trying to get Ray to tell Nate. She is truly a member of this family!
- Bad British accent: “Frankly offensive” I also like both John and Charlie’s expressions
- Will the Quill. Students should use that in their book reports.
- Zari: Is this an intervention? No it is Book Club.
- Mick: It’s simply, you distract the goons and I punch the producer in the face. Great plan!
- Nate: I’ll rappel down and I will rappel next to you and it will be epic and we will high five
Behrad: Dude I don’t dance like that
John will spout some nonsense: Mambo jambo
Best. Plan. Ever.
- Charlie gets ring while they discussed their master plan. Classic.
- Bachelor party will be an Elizabethan extravaganza!
- We don’t use the C words, cult, clone
- When Nate told the girls that a dog stole the ring all I could think was The dog took my homework
- Anyone else notice they got Nora a pony….
- How’d they explain to the stripper where he would be, um, performing?
- It was like recap city between the totems, and meeting Elvis
- Funny how voice commands don’t work with slurred speech.
- I laughed so hard when the suit clangs into a codpiece
- Sexy fireman stripper: That’s going to be a problem.
- Nate: Why didn’t he just steel up again, stupid Mercutio. If only the plays were like this in school when I went.
- Nate and Sara: We gave up our lives to be on the ship and we made history. Two of the originals left.
- Um, was there a Marvelous crossover when they practiced for Romeo v Juliet and I heard “We must collect the gems to save the world”?
- Pew pew pew, even then they knew how to make the shooting noises!
- OK, don’t hate me, but when they were getting rid of the script were they getting rid of the Snyder cut of Romeo and Juliet?
- You’ve been replaced by Riverdale. SO the show exists in the Legends universe? Why not, I heard the Supernatural Impala is making a future appearance as well.
- Face of steel and fists like thunder strikes – once again, I need this version in my life. #ReleasetheShakespeareCut
- Romeo and Juliet form a team with allies Hamlet, Viola and Puck to face Richard the Third. The Shakespeare Extended Universe!
- I love the characters, they deserve a great ending.
If I let them go, unsure what happens next.
Endings are necessary for growth no matter how painful they can be.
I really am going to miss Ray.
- Last mission playlist or matching t-shirts. What would be on that playlist?
- Whimsical turns of phrases, yup that’s what the Legends do.
- I’ve seen your help in action and it is anything but. Yup that’s the Legends too in a nutshell.
- Who singlehandedly destroyed storytelling as we know it and ruined western literary canon.
- Ray with his stupid optimism and blind faith and his dumb plans that always seem to work
- Mick is really is in this acting. He tries to get more applause and really relishes his role.
- Nate and John, star-crossed lovers
- John: Leave me so unsatisfied – with a flourish!
- Zari wisdom, how I missed you: It can be hard to face your time with someone is coming to an end. Sometimes easy to send them away before it hits you. Change is hard but it can be beautiful it can be both.
- I am forever calling Gideon Gidget!
- Gidget: Will I ever see you again?
Nate: Take care of the Legends for me.
Aww Gideon cried….
- I seriously worried that Nate missed saying goodbye to Ray.
- Nate I’m still here buddy. Yeah, he didn’t miss him!
- This sucks, I love you. The new “I know”. Tears strolling down my cheeks at this point, gonna miss the time bros.
- Parting is such sweet sorrow
- Weird thing about friendship. Starts because you need each other
And then if you do it right and help each other grow, you need each other less.
- Sara: You ever need a bro hug, I’m your gal
- Ray was bad at bro hugs at first, but Sara is really terrible at bro hugs
- Mick likes King Lear, because he can relate.
- Mick: Nurturing fathers don’t run in my family…Mick you are much better than he was!
- Gross is that Ray’s green juice? Only Zari likes it, figures it is some health drink.
- Parting toasts to Ray: To ray who taught me how to be a better friend by being a better friend than you deserve.
No problem so big it can’t be solved with a smile
If you’re dumb enough to expect good from the world, it might live up to your expectations.
I raise my glass of green juice to you too Ray and Nora. I hope you find happiness but always know the waverider is still your home with your family you can visit. Until next time, stay Legendary and safe.
Please visit the Arrowverse Couch Club for more Legends and other Arrowverse commentary!
Arrowverse Couch Club, Week 3: March 15-17 episodes (Saying goodbye to Ray and Nora)