Welcome back to the Legendary Island of Misfits! A lot of good character moments reminding me why I love these guys so let’s go:
- Nora’s ID picture, filling out start paperwork, and computer shows her records when 15 and in mental institution: time bureau like any job I’ve had
- I have notice that the Nippled One has lost his squeaky voice with his evil power
- I thought interesting take that Neron threatens his human vessel to get John’s cooperation
- Meta alert: too much exposition Gideon
- Pretty ingenious to have them fire at Ray to bury in avalanche
- Mick: no ones turning me into beef jerky since in Donners pass
- Mick again: When a team member goes dark you end them before they end you. Pretty harsh
- Leonard Snart’s jackets to keep warm
- Another great Mick moment when he stands up to Sara and says she cannot be only one to have fun outside ship
- Felt a little Christmas carol vibe when John sees his ancestor and how he uses fear to increase magic but is a jerk
- Using performance reviews to brainwash…just like in real life
- Love love the moment between Mick and Sara where he realizes they are the last of the originals
- Mick has really grown as a character and cares about others. He shines in this episode
- John going to hell to be with others he sent there is like when police go to prison with criminals they put away
- John is scared not of going to hell but seeing those he cares for tortured alongside him
- You’re more than a team. You’re family.
- Death Ray made John help not to save himself but an innocent
- Sara: Never tell me the odds Gideon. Had deja vu earlier episodes.
- Mick: Don’t give up on Haircut
- Wait wait…John goes to hell to save Ray???
- Wait wait again…Tabitha is the fairy godmother!!!
- Bloody hell, no really, Hell.
Gary is all the man we need. And I don’t just say that because Death Ray made me do so.
Until next time, stay Legendary!
About the egg… According the book/notes, the egg “expires” if it doesn’t receive heat. That egg didn’t have heat for a long long time! I may have missed it, but I did they explain why they think the baby dragon is still alive?
Mona attacking Gary’s evil-possessed-nipple grossed me out.
Great callouts, as usual @ImpulseMaxMercury! =)
I really liked this episode…minus Mona. For a show that’s got so many characters, it feels like a lot of this season has been wasted on her and her subplots.
I should be annoyed that Tabitha is the fairy godmother, but I got such a kick out of it.
Constantine’s “talk” with the creature when they were chained up might’ve been the highlight of the episode.
@JLWWSM and @superby1 thanks for following my weekly comments on this show. I’m glad I have found fellow fans like me. I know it’s not for everyone.
You know, I was trying to remember where they found the egg because I thought it was somewhere cold, but I could be wrong. I think it is just a miss on the writers’ parts, which I will forgive, if only because I am excited to see a baby dragon.
I still stick by my thoughts that Mona was supposed to be our viewpoint in to the Legends but they need to figure out how best to use her.
I know, John was a regular softie this episode, gruff exterior with kind caring heart inside.
Nice callback to fairy godmother as I could do with more singing, nah
The egg was in a block of ice when the explorer guys found it.
I am looking forward to seeing what craziness Constantine is going to find in hell. Also what Gary does with his own fairy godmother.
@.50710 thanks! I had thought they found it somewhere cold so what they say now doesn’t make sense. As I said they will forget this in order to have a dragon on the show.
I did like the initial view of hell not only had criminal looking types but also guys in suits, a different type of criminal.