Legends of Tomorrow: Lowest Common Demoninator (Spoilers)

Welcome everyone to the net pitstop on the journey around time in Season 7. Make sure you keep your torches lit and let’s get on our way!

1. “Are we outside the factory?” “Not unless something terrible happened to that factory.”
  2. Trapped three inches away from home, so close yet so far. Well close to Astra’s former home.
  3. Most elaborate murder board ever, even going horizontal and three dimensional!
  4. “After all we have done to protect the timeline.” UM, OK yeah there are still all those time IOUs remaining…
  5. “They’re an unpredictable and destructive force that needs to be eradicated, just a guess.” Pretty accurate other than the need to be eradicated.
  6. Weird camera angles, interesting font for actor names, new title card. At first I thought they were going for a horror angle before the whole reality television came in, eh horror, reality, same.
  7. “He’s like a future brother-in-law.” “Makes us in-laws in some weird way.” Never thought of it like that.
  8. Time bro-ette.
  9. Hell must truly feel like Hell to a pious man such as Gwyn.
  10. “You left the door open to Hell?!?” What, were you brought up in a barn…in Hell?
  11. “I feel weird when I’m not being watched.” Foreshadowing to Behrad’s revelation later.
  12. They did not plan for a Hell detour. Darn construction zones.
  13. You look like Flannel Zari. You look like White Shirt John. Cue the sexy music.
  14. Everyone piling into the Gary/Gideon room reminds me of sitcoms where all the characters keep coming in.
  15. Aww, Chernobyl meltdown was the first date.
  16. Gary thought of the manor as home, so Gideon brought them “home”.
  17. I am sure there are many reality show crews that feel cursed too.
  18. I am also pretty sure many of them sold their souls just based on some of the reality shows out there…
  19. Twisting emotions to amplify conflict. Isn’t that what reality show writers do anyways?
  20. KUWTT: Keeping Up With The Tarazi’s. Would be quite a different show in Zari 1.0’s timeline.
  21. Behrad was recast because he would not leave his bedroom and was considered boring for television. Ouch.
  22. Spooner, biggest Survivor fan ever. Though reaching back into Richard Hatch’s playbook is an interesting tactic.
  23. Lowest Demoninator Productions: My teacher wife would love the play on words with this and the title.
  24. Pro: Hell is good for your pores.
  25. Kitchen Night Terrors: Just how many shows does Gordon Ramsey have?
  26. Puddling: Remember to wear your galoshes
  27. Behrad: so chill and a nice guy.
  28. Hell is full of nice people because nicer they are, the more secrets are buried. Harris Ledes could not see anything but we know Behrad has been holding back.
  29. “I hoped you weren’t triggered by being back in Hell.”
  30. The time pilot (love this term!) is obsessed with Gary’s sweet little bottom.
  31. Like any movie, show , reality or otherwise, the word love seems to scare people.
  32. Big Brother confession room!
  33. Gideon turning off her emotions reminded me when on Vampire Diaries they would turn off their humanity. Added bonus: Gideon becomes the villain trying to stir trouble with everyone while she stays out of the way, another reality show trope!
  34. Gary’s third nipple: still keeping in continuity.
  35. It would make sense that a reality show in hell would censor any references to God or the sign of the cross; Spooner’s pixelated form was for us.
  36. Nate-y H! My favorite nickname now! He plays the guy who always works out at the house to a T, even starting in with an accent.
  37. Spooner trying to get alliances set up with multiple people, doesn’t that always backfire on these shows?
  38. “If he can’t get his head in the game, he is out.” Out where, we may never know.
  39. Ava is worried she is turning into the implanted memories of her mother.
  40. “Table’s set and the knives are out.”
  41. Ava does not want to be seen as the den mother, but that role is always there on these shows.
  42. Told you it would backfire on you Spooner!
  43. “I promise I will betray them.” Honesty is best policy.
  44. Gary eats the colander. They really needed a better name for the device that looked like something Doc Brown had used, but I’ll agree.
  45. “Who would want to hang out with this mess? I have countless memories of cameras in my face. Every time I was scared, every time I cried. You want to know about the first time I every failed? Don’t worry, KUWTT had a whole episode of it.” Behrad, I never knew. I’m so sorry.
  46. “If they don’t see if gets to you, they don’t have the power. But it gets to you.” Behrad had so much characterization in this one scene. You feel the raw emotion and find out why he retreated into his chill persona and numbed with gummies and weed.
  47. “Maybe if I’m honest with anyone, they’ll end up hating me.” No B, I have always liked you as a character which was amazing since at the time you replaced Zari 1.0, but you have just jumped up my scale of favorites now.
  48. “I died and I didn’t talk about it.”
  49. “When it comes to you Astra, I lose all my cool. I’m just B.” Sniff, sniff, awww
  50. Behrad just got real.
  51. “You are not the house mom, you are the co-captain.”
  52. Cannot cause any timeline explosions like stopping the Great War…um hold that thought
  53. Full blown freakout in front of the hot girl that B had a crush on forever. Maybe, but we (audience) only seemed to notice for a few episodes…
  54. “I’ve noticed that you’ve all found love in some of the most chaotic of times, and you’ve still done your jobs with terrific aplomb.” You tell them, Gideon! Also the fact that Gary stood up to the Legends to let them know they were being hypocritical and owed an apology really shows strength!
  55. Gideon needs to work on her jokes…
  56. “I want to trust my gut.” Sarajevo, 1914 to save the Archduke Ferdinand and top WWI. What could go wrong? Also, what happened to small foot steps, I am pretty sure that would attract major attention from the Legend Kill Squad.
    I am sorry to say you are the last to arrive and have been eliminated. Ok, you can stay because this is a non-elimination round. Until next time, stay Legendary!
1 Like

I have a question about a sound in the latest episode:
After the third commercial break, when we we come into a Zari / Gideon scene, what is the audio cue that starts the scene?
It is so familiar but I can’t place it!
I feel like it’s cutting off some static from the end…

1 Like

I will have to listen again.

1 Like

I think it’s a scene transition sound from a sitcom but I can’t place it yet.

It does sound familiar, almost sounded to me like the transition music between scenes for a show like Seinfeld. I even downloaded Shazam yo try to figure it out but it’s too short. It might be an original piece of music designed to sound like another show. Sorry I did try several times to figure it out

1 Like

It’s grungier than Seinfeld scene transitions. I think it’s more recent.

1 Like

True but it reminded me of it.