Leaving after subscription ends

I am most likely leaving this service after my subscription ends and it is 100% due to how they are handling comics on this service. I would be fine with a curated selection if they actually had full runs and they were up for more than a few weeks. However, as most titles only have the first few comics, sometimes just a single issue, and they leave so quickly, it is obvious to me that DC isn’t at all interested in making a service for fans to enjoy. Instead it is just an obvious attempt to get people hooked on certain titles or characters only to force them to buy the full run if they actually want to read a full cohesive story. Very disappointed as the comics were the only reason I subscribed. Even something as simple as 2 or 3 full runs per month of a comic or event would be better than what they have up now.

21 Likes

Agree entirely. I’m at the point that I check this app maybe 3-4 times a week at most to see if anything has changed, or if any updates have been made to the ridiculously bad situation with the comics. They have my $ for 15 months since inception and I’m hopeful before it runs out there will be a service I actually care about.

But for me it’s not the shows…I watched episode 1 of Titans and didn’t care enough to watch any more of them. I’m here because of the comics. Period. If that doesn’t work out, fine. But I won’t have any reason to hang around.

2 Likes

Me too, unless there are major changes.

1 Like

I agree as well. Youd think with all of the DC comics already available on comixology this app’s comic section would have been the easiest for them to provide content for. The lack of comics shows DC’s lack of interest in keeping us as customers. If DC can’t even give us a good comic book selection I’m worried for the future of this app. But hopefully DC will read these forums and fix the issue while the app is still new

3 Likes

Make sure to cancel before it auto renews and they get you and charge you for another cycle. They made it tricky to cancel. You can only cancel your subscription via the outlet you purchased. For example if you signed up via the website you can’t cancel from the app on your tv or phone you have to do it from logging into the website.

3 Likes

You know what I hate the most. When they uses the comics as a marketing strategy. I mean they got me, I personally thought that I was gonna have a place where I was gonna be able to read my DCcomics straight from them. But all they have crappy unfinished stories

2 Likes

I’m very disappointed with the selection as it is now but I’m willing to give them a chance in hopes they take the feedback they have been given to heart and improve things. I wasn’t expecting Marvel Unlimited overnight but these two week limited time drops are insane. I already missed out on New Teen Titans because of it. I had to stop reading Batman and the Outsiders so that I could hurry up and read The Long Halloween and Dark Victory.

For what it’s worth, some of the mods say they hear what we’re saying and plans are afoot. I will take them at their word on that because at the end of the day we are all DC fans and we all want this to succeed.

4 Likes

Maybe the more people that threaten to cancel will get them to realize it needs to happen soon. I second thought nah it won’t happen. This service will be a flop.

2 Likes

Honestly, the comics are the main reason I joined. I enjoy the Titans show but I agree, the way they do the comics is not good. If all they wanted to do was market them then they should just offer them for free.

2 Likes

Ditto, I was mostly excited about having a place to stream comics to my tv/phone and was willing to pay for it. The original programming is nice but its the comics that will keep me.

2 Likes