:superman: League of Super-Pets Discussion Thread (Spoilers) :ttns_gif_krypto:

Nope, haven’t seen it. When I have a fix for Don Bluth movies, I usually go to The Secret of Nimh, The Land Before Time or Titan A.E.

This is true, especially for DeLouise as I love his comedy work.

4 Likes

The only ones of his movies I have not seen are… Wait I have seen and ranked all 11.

1. The Land Before Time

2. All Dogs go to Heaven

3. An American Tail

4. The Secret of NIMH

5. Bartok the Magnificent

6. Titan AE

7. Anastasia

8. Rockadoodle

9. Pebble and the Penguin

10. A Troll in Central Park

11. Thumbelina.

4 Likes

Dude, you know Titan A.E.?

slides over a fat sack of Cool Points

Its my favorite Bluth flick by far.

The Land Before Time is a close-second, especially since it was the first movie I ever saw in a theater.

With all of this talk of dogs, super-powered or otherwise, I will definitely make a point to finally see All Dogs Go to Heaven, and hopefully before League of Super-Pets comes out.

4 Likes

So many good ones. I always like Rock a Doodle, An American Tale, All Dogs Go to Heaven, and Land Before Time. Probably in that order

4 Likes

I finally found it a thrift store on VHS and loved it.

4 Likes

Pretty sure the DVD is still at my moms house. We both liked that one when it came out.

4 Likes

I saw Titan A.E. in theaters the Monday after it was released. Loved it (and still do, obvs)!

OMG, I’ve found people who know what Titan A.E. is! :superman:uper! :hugs:

5 Likes

I feel like all his movies are underrated gems

4 Likes

They are. Even the ones that are kinda iffy are still far better than most so-called “good” animated movies, or heck, most “good” movies in general.

I mean, Anastasia is a bit of a tough cinematic pill for me to swallow, but it still has a ton of charm and entertainment value.

4 Likes

Bartok lives in my batcave for a reason.

Bluth’s autobiography comes out in a few days, and I got it preordered.

4 Likes

I was unaware of this. As you said at the end of Batman Begins, “I’ll look into it.”

4 Likes

3 More days.

3 Likes

I just read that Marc Maron plays Lex, while Jemaine Clement is Aquaman.

Is it the 29th yet? Can it be, pretty please?

3 Likes

I watched that a couple of weeks ago because of how much you said you liked it in your blog. Thank you for inspiring me to check it out. I thought it was good.

4 Likes

@MatthewHecht and @SpoilerAlert88 I started All Dogs this morning. From the little I’ve seen so far, its pretty good.

4 Likes

The big question is whether the date of release will pan out. Minions came out a couple weeks ago, and Paws of Fury just came out this weekend. So that’s 3 CGI cute creature movies in one month. Paws of Fury appears to be bombing, thankfully, and got pretty tepid reviews. That doesn’t mean people will be racing out to see Super-Pets, though.

Having seen two kid CGI movies this summer that sucked, I can’t say I’m expecting anything great with Super-pets, or something as good as Lego Batman or Teen Titans Go to the Movies. But I’m sure I will go see it.

4 Likes

A valid point. However, with less than two weeks to go, its too late for Warner Brothers to delay the release based on similar product from other studios and how it may, or may not, be performing.

If anything, they’ll anticipate the 29th even more, especially since Paws of Fury (i.e. a recooked and unwanted Kung-Fu Panda rip-off) bombed, and since a lot of families will have seen Minions by that time, having League of Super-Pets ready to go will give them something new to sally forth to the theater for.

I couldn’t care less about Minions or Paws, but LOSP is going to be a lot of fun, I bet. I imagine it will be similar to Teen Titans Go in that it will have clever Easter eggs from the comics and other media and be a lot smarter than other similarly-themed product aimed at kids typically is (or isn’t, in all honesty).

I don’t think it will be as good as The Lego Batman Movie, but if it is, then I certainly won’t mind. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do not think it is a problem. Paws of Fury is not doing well. Yes, this was a gamble, but it seems to have worked putting it right behind it. Minions is still making good money, but not that much, and it has already made over 270 million, so it is far from new now. By then it will probably be down to around 15 million.

This date gives LoSP two weeks until most people are back at school to get that money and some crucial time in July.

5 Likes

Are we expecting the latest Black Adam trailer to play with the movie?

Will Warner Brothers Pictures want to market Mr. Johnson’s next DC joint to the little kiddos, or will an ancient guy with super powers kicking ass in modern times alongside JSA stalwarts be too much for some li’l 'uns?

I vote WBP should attach the current BA trailer to all prints of LOSP. Its just too good of a cross-franchise marketing opportunity within the DC brand to pass on.

2 Likes

I would guess Johnson will insist on debuting a new one, but the last one attracted a few gripes about the color scheme, and - like you said - if the trailer is as adult as the last one, that may prove a turn-off for parents, who are the ones determining the Cinemascore for League of Pets

3 Likes