📺 Late Night Watch Along with Static Shock, Saturday Night 9:30pm Pacific, 12:30am Eastern 📺

First issue of the book also had Virgil trying to ask Frida out, though in the comic Frida was more of a popular girl, where here she’s more girl next door.

2 Likes

Smooth Richie. I always liked him. And not because he looks like me. also, I’m not blond.

2 Likes

Oh, look. It’s Flash Thompson.

2 Likes

Yep, read all the issues available so far for Static and Icon. Read the first issue of Hardware.

1 Like

I need to read Icon

1 Like

I think I read an issue of Icon in the 90s, but it’s been a long, long time.

2 Likes

This music really does not fit the show, nor what the music would become

2 Likes

Even though it’s “family-friendly” compared to the source material, it still feels less tame than the 90s Spider-Man series.

2 Likes

I;m a huge fan of the 90s animation, some of the best animated shows ever

1 Like

Definitely – though I have noticed it has some of the tendencies of copying past animation.

2 Likes

Tea and cookies with gangbangers

2 Likes

Virgil’s impression of his dad was hilarious.

1 Like

I have a weakness for Tea AND cookies…

1 Like

What we really need are some of the classic animation mistakes, like the voice of one character coming out of another character’s mouth.

2 Likes

Super Friends was loaded with those, gloves disappearing, Superman or Batman losing the leggings, etc

2 Likes

“Maybe I could be a banger water boy or something.” :laughing:

1 Like

this story telling is very tight

1 Like

Hmm, look at all those chemical barells…I don’t think they’ll amount to anything. :laughing:

1 Like

I do like the faithfulness to the comic in showing Static then flashing back to his origin and Hot Streak as the villain at the start

1 Like

A big difference in the comic is that initially Virgil agrees to go with the gang and shoot “F-stop” who bullied him at school, thinking it’s the only way it would stop. But when he has the opportunity, he realizes he can’t do it and throws the gun in the river.

1 Like