LAST CHANCE WATCH-ALONG, 12/27 10:00 PM EST: Wonder Woman (2009)

2020 will bring big changes to the DC Universe library, which means it’s time to say farewell to some of our favorite DC movies. Join me for a five night event from December 26th to December 30th every night at 9:00 PM EST for another chance to bid goodbye to a classic DCU film. [UPDATE: So as not to conflict with the community Harley Quinn episode watchalong, tonight’s feature will begin one hour later.]

Tonight: The always underrated Wonder Woman (2009), scripted by the singular Gail Simone!

For those who have never participated before, here are the rules:

1. Make sure you have a DC Universe subscription!
  2. For best results, cue up DC Universe on two devices: one for watching, and one for commenting on this thread!
  3. To ensure you’re synced with the other viewers, make sure you start your video EXACTLY at 10:00 PM EST!
  4. If you lose your place, pay attention to the clock. For instance, if it’s 10:15, that means we’re exactly 15 minutes into the movie!
  5. Because these movies will be delisted soon, they may not appear in the regular spaces. If you can’t find it, search for it manually!

And as always, as long as at least one of you RSVPs, I’ll be here to host the affair! I hope to see you there!

5 Likes

I can’t promise anything, but I’ll try to make it.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

UPDATE: So as not to conflict with the Harley Quinn community watchalong, the Wonder Woman '09 Watch-Along has been rescheduled to begin 1 hour later at 7 PM PST/10 PM EST.

3 Likes

We’ll be watching this movie in 45 minutes, as long as we get at least one person to check in!

Do I count as checking in?

2 Likes

I’m here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry @HubCityQuestion - we were all chatting on the HQ WAL still!

2 Likes

Also here

2 Likes

Yeah @HubCityQuestion we were chatting, not totally talking about you behind your back :lying_face:

3 Likes

JK a few of us should still be moving over lol

3 Likes

Yep, there’s still time left – I’m sure I’ll be going in a few minutes for a drink and snack.

2 Likes

I kind of wish more movies would have intermissions, sometimes nature calls

2 Likes

Just filling up my water glass. I didn’t know Gail Simone wrote for this! :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Yep, though from what I remember, there’s a few scenes that were added in that she didn’t entirely like as much. I’ll probably point them out as we watch.

4 Likes

I gotta buy myself more monitors one of these days, it helps with all the clutter and windows required for WAL plus all the stuff I do in the meantime

3 Likes

Sometimes I use one computer for the WAL and one for the chat but I’ve been doing everything from one laptop recently because I’m lazy!

2 Likes

Fellow Procrastinators! Assemble…Tomorrow!

2 Likes

I got the TV for the movie, my laptop for chat, and my tablet has a comic I was reading before the HQ WAL.

And if I had more time/creativity, I would figure out some way to make that fit into Old Town Road.

4 Likes

So nice to see you all! We begin in just 9 minutes!

3 Likes