Last Chance to Watch: Now Until June 1st!

They add movies every month they are not just taking off and not adding.

4 Likes

Should also note ALL streaming services remove movies. nothing on any service that isn’t an original is guaranteed to stay up forever, and DCU has not removed Titans, Young Justice or Doom Patrol.

4 Likes

Getting back to the main problem with this site being communication, I have to say I’m a bit annoyed that it took so long for an official announcement. The site that published the story about this rotation was Newsweek and they are a credible source. I am willing to bet that they were not making a random guess that just happened to be right but rather that they had information from within WB in the form of a press release. Not making a forum announcement in tandem with publication in the outside press but then having a moderator call into question the veracity of a story that was likely given to them is a slap in the face, however unintentional it may have been to every journalist covering DC comics.

5 Likes

DC/Warner Bros owns this stuff. Why take it off? The one benefit for most of the companies creating their own service is that it will never be taken off, like it would on Netflix or Hulu. If DC can’t get that simple thing right, then I don’t know how much longer I can subscribe for. I might as well just wait for it to get back to Netflix or Hulu.

4 Likes

@DanTheManOne1 Yeah, but the difference is Netflix and Hulu loses stuff they don’t own. Warner Bros owns these things, why wouldn’t you just keep them on the site?

1 Like

One reason may be existing contracts, another might be to generate some extra revenue that goes into production of new content.

Since they are rotating content, personally I’m ok with it. It’s a way for WB to generate money. Also, DCU is in its own silo, as is DC Comics, CWVerse, etc. So just because it is a WB property, DCU doesn’t get it for free, it comes out of their operations budget and it counts, even if in the end some of it is”funny money” moving from one silo to the other.

4 Likes

Fox owns Hulu but there are Fox shows all over Netflix… why take them off Hulu and put them on Netflix, don’t they own them? The comparable thing would be them taking off Titans or Doom patrol which they aren’t. Those moves are not made for DCU. It isn’t as simple as they are part of the same company so they can keep it on forever at their whim. If they could, they would. You think DCU is under the impression people aren’t upset when things go down. no one is sitting int here saying “Wait what? I thought they wanted us to take down movies every month?!”

3 Likes

ol something I find genuinely interesting is that with each of these posts…people throw the same fits in the comments. What intrigues me is that it has been established by the mods themselves (I even asked during an Office Hours period) that this is simply licensing “issues”. Why are people still complaining?!

DCU loves us and doesn’t like doing this. We know they’re not doing this to us intentionally lol it’s clear that it’s out of their hands. Let’s just all continue to have that patience and get hype forrrrr Swamp Thinggg :herb::seedling:

12 Likes

What I find ironic (and somewhat frightening) about these discussions is how much it seems that people would actually prefer the darkest possible future of streaming where the only way to view content is to sign up for a given corporation’s proprietary app.

3 Likes

@deku_ It is usually different people and a lot only come on the forums when they want to voice their complaint, so it isn’t the same people every time in most cases, that I noticed. But it does get tiresome hearing this every month (just about, I do remember one or two months where nothing came down)

4 Likes

Personally i’d just like to see Beware the Batman on here. Never got to see it when it was airing but it’d be cool if it made it’s streaming debut on here.

2 Likes

:tv: It’s the push I needed to watch (or at least play) the 2 out of the 4 that I don’t own yet.:money_with_wings:
:woman_superhero: “When you’re a fan, you’re a fan.” :woman_superhero:
One of the most important statements I was ever told about fandom. Dealt with it when I was all twisted :tornado: about Scooby Doo going Live Action back in the day. :hotdog:
Accept it, Appreciate it, for the depth & richness it adds to the collective. :tv:
Be supportive & good things happen (we hope, right?!). :heavy_plus_sign: Positivity increases health & longevity :hugs:
:seedling:I am totally stoked for SwampThing :seedling: BTW. :seedling: The screening was amazing! :seedling: Ooooooh! The images dance in my mind waiting to glimpse them again on the 31st! :seedling:

5 Likes

Really is getting tiring seeing people say “DC/WB owns this stuff! They should keep it here forever!” when these people clearly have no idea how the business actually works.

4 Likes

Any hints on what that “A+ live action stuff” could be?

7 Likes

Wait and see @Vroom, wait and see!

3 Likes

@Truth_of_Pisces - Yes, I think there are other, valid complaints to make on this or any service. But the people asking for ‘everything all the time’ don’t realize that they’re asking for enormous hikes in subscription prices, or the service going under almost immediately. Probably both.

3 Likes

@harley u have me all excited now​:grin::smirk:

2 Likes

I understand…but whyyyyy :frowning:

1 Like

@the hello but they’re adding more movies back tho

I’d forgotten how good the action and animation is in Superman vs the Elite! I could believe it was a Japanese production.