Last Chance Titles - Week of 11/07

Last Chance – Expires 11/12:

Batman: Dark Victory
www.dcuniverse.com/collections/last-chance-to-read

You may ask yourself, “What about the Coming Soon part? What happened to the October comic selection message? Where does that highway go to?”

To that we say, we’ve gotten a lot of great feedback from consumers about the comics offering on DC Universe and are working on making some adjustments. We hope to have more to share soon. In the meantime, please continue to let us know what titles you want to see and any suggestions you have regarding the overall service.

15 Likes

Thank you for the update, oh mighty DC Gods!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In preparation of Aquaman movie, why don’t DC release Geoff John’s Aquaman Vol. 1 -4. Might build more hype for those people who haven’t read it.

Geoff John’s story is clearly regarded one of the best Aqunan run.

7 Likes

Very very excited to see what DC has in store for us. I hopeful our voices have been heard and DC will earn a ton of goodwill from its fans. I hope this isn’t premature but good job DC and thank you

4 Likes

Awesome update! So excited for what’s to come!

1 Like

Thank you! I’d love to read the rest of Geoff Johns’ Teen Titans run, The Judas Contract, Peter David’s Young Justice, and Knightfall. The more complete story arcs the better, and please do your best to have them stay around for at least a month or two before being switched out. Looking forward to watching this service grow and improve everyday.

2 Likes

Were there even any new books this week? There should be a good weekly selection to look forward to.

2 Likes

Geoff John’s Aquaman run. The entire Aquaman run from Johns to as current as business-ly possible is my full preference, but Johns’ run will suffice.

3 Likes

I would actually love to see some more Wildstorm (Gen 13, Wetworks, the rest of WildCATs and Stormwatch) and Vertigo (Rest of Doom Patrol, Starman, Swamp Thing) integrated into the app. From a standard DC view point, would love the rest of the New Teen Titans, Impulse, The Flash (Wally West) and Wonder Woman (Perez series)

4 Likes

I second the vote for more Wildstorm goodness. Divine Right (don’t forget the Divine Intervention one-shots please, they’re part of the story), Team 7, more of WildC.A.T.S. volume one, WildC.A.T.S Nemesis, Warren Ellis’ Stormwatch (not the current series, his older Stormwatch run) etc.

3 Likes

Here’s a suggestion since I know DC probably wants to preserve the sales of back list trades: unlimited access to everything from the New 52 forward that is still in continuity stopping six months to a year before what’s in shops and a monthly rotation of titles from the backlist (Pre-Flashpoint) focused on complete runs by noteworthy creators or arcs that are featured in other media (Having all of Doom Patrol out when the show debuts). This would allow DC to provide an easy entry point for new readers who want to start buying monthly comics, the ability to provide a curated selection of the best stories from their library and it allows trade to be a viable format for for evergreen stories like Dark Knight Returns and Allstar Superman.

14 Likes

I want to see Vertigo stuff. If Robin can curse Batman, then Preacher, Y: The Last Man, Sandman, Scalped, Transmetropolitan, 100 Bullets, Hellblazer, American Vampire – all of that should be fair game.

7 Likes

How come there was no warning that the Beast Boy mini would disappear? Luckily, I finished it this morning before work, but that was close!

2 Likes

More Teen Titans please - all eras! Wouldn’t mind seeing The Authority & Justice League Dark continue as well!

Just to save myself the headache, I’ve begun to avoid the special engagement comics altogether. I really don’t like having a super brief deadline hanging over my head when I’m trying to read. I’m reading what’s available now and sitting tight until DCU gets their act together.

9 Likes

“Let us know what titles you want to see”, are you kidding? That is a waste of time. You know the problem is not that a handful of popular titles are missing, its that MOST are missing or incomplete. That’s the way you designed the service.

Next time save us some time and just say “Nothing is being added this week. We’re still trying to figure out to fix the Comic section”.

7 Likes

Can you put back the new teen titans from 1980. I left off on comic #13. Thanks

2 Likes

I would also like the Long Halloween back.

Any chance Doom Patrol will get more issues? Then end of the 60s run would be great to have. Seeing the whole team killed off to finish the series before it was rebooted in the 70s is something great to see. Then of course Grant Morrison’s full run is needed.

I really don’t like or understand the rotation of comics. I’d rather pay more then worry about content coming and going.

9 Likes