Last Chance & Coming Soon Titles – Week Of 10/23 & 10/29

They’re going by the trades from the most recent printing of the series, for some reason. They are just talking about the 1980 volume.

I still haven’t even delved into the comics really on here because it still is so messy. It all needs to be categorized more and organized so that I know exactly which series and issue I’m looking and can find the next one easily and quickly. Right now everything still has this incomplete vibe and I won’t even touch on the rotation/ “full collection coming in October”

still a huge fan and hopeful/patient for the future of this app!

5 Likes

Despite what some say I do think it would kill trade sales to put up stuff like Dark Night Returns, Death of Superman, etc, as well as every issue of the recent ongoing series. I get the argument some say that they would still want the physical copies, but most would not do both… I mean you think the people complaining that Identity crisis or Death of Superman went down before they could read it all would have bought the trades? They clearly didn’t by that point if it bothered them they couldn’t finish and how long have those been out?

And most of the stuff has not rotated out, seems only the ones mentioned in the news or board as up for a limited time is rotating ouyt fast. Other then New Teen Titans, Identity crisis, the death/funeral/rebirth of Superman stuff, and Long Halloween most of what is up has been up since the beginning and some even added. So I get it, they are wanting to rotate some high profile stories, but not keep them up forever and potentially kill trade sells, and then have a large selection of stuff that will have interest but is not part of high selling trades… that is reasonable for the price we get.

My issue is just that they are not up long enough, a couple more weeks to what they have currently for that stuff would be a more reasonable time frame. That and they need to better inform us. They are posting news stories announcing, a leaving soon section, and post in the forums… all good and clearly shows they have listened to complaints. But I still don’t get why they don’t mention in the comic listing if something is leaving soon… they did that for the Batman movies.

Mostly I think they need to tweek the system, and maybe if possible up the count from 3000 to maybe even 4 or 5 thousand. But mostly I think they need to review how they are handling rotating, take feedback in and tweak the system to maybe improve the experience. I get why they don’t want to add everything and thus if that is not profitable rotating is fair. I don’t understand the ins and outs of how this works so will not assume they don’t know what is profitable and I do. But think they can surely find a way to please more of us, at least those not saying “everthing is not on here… I am leaving” because obviously DC does not feel that is profitable and people who want all of they are not paying are probably going to have to fall under “can’t please everyone.”

2 Likes

Does anyone have any actual statistics or study data confirming the negative impact of an unlimited service on trade sales or comic sales (I.e related to marvel)? Not sure if it’s legit but I recently read a 2015 cbr article showing how marvels trades have actually done the opposite for sales (maybe it touched a new audience). The site showed actual graphs and millions of sales. Would be interested in seeing the facts that everyone is referencing in decreased sales. Thanks and look forward to all of your links.

5 Likes

The Dark Knight Returs issue 2 thru 4 were dropped but ther was no announcement. What happened there?

2 Likes

I would spend more for an unlimited library. I’m basically just sticking with marvel unlimited until this happens.

1 Like