Last Chance & Coming Soon Titles - Week Of 10/22

Is Death of Superman the whole event or just that arc? I’m in the middle of Reign & plan to read Return

The comic library was the big draw for me as I already own all the movies and TV shows available here on DVD and Blu-Ray, with the exception of the original shows of course. While I didn’t expect a full, unlimited library I have been really disappointed with the “limited time only” access to titles. I’m hesitant to begin reading a series now not knowing if I will be able to finish it before it goes “back in the vault.” I realize this is still a work in progress and hopefully it will improve in the future, but at the moment I’m regretting I paid for a full year!

14 Likes

A huge upside is the library of titles that o have missed through the years. Sadly, I am focusing all of my time on Teen Titans because they are going away. I sorta feel like I am being bullied to read titles thst are going away. Trust me, this isn’t a good feeling for your consumer. After working all day at a high stress job the last thing I want to feel is stress during my free time but the limited time to read certain titles is anything but calming. I also understand this is a new service and things are hopefully stilling being worked out behind the scenes. Yet I find it hard to believe that Warner Brothers I mean DC cannot afford server space for a comic on demand service.

19 Likes

No way I can get time to read em all

4 Likes

Been looking forward to Long Halloween! Read it many times but never actually bought it and so now I can jump into it again on here.

1 Like

DC Applejack and Friends note please… Kurt, a DCUer and also on the Discord / DCU Bookclub Channel , rightly notes a great point, please send this message to the folks running DCU:
It’s a lot cheaper for DC to take existing material like the older comics and post them here for a little more money, then it is for DCU to try to produce lots more TV series which is a highly risky thing and very expensive. Do both of course , but let the easy one pay for the more risky one

8 Likes

@harleysPuddin

I am with Don-El here

2 Likes

Is there still a way to find the Death of Superman collection in one place?

While I’m looking forward to reading the long Halloween, I’m very disappointed in the comic section right now. There’s incomplete arcs, no real way of sorting by character or story arc. It’s definitely not very intuitive for people who don’t already know exactly what they are looking for. Unless you want the stuff that’s shown on the landing page, it’s hard to find certain stories. (I am one of those people who haven’t read anywhere near enough of the comics to know what I’m looking for, which is why I’m here)

6 Likes

Never read long Halloween, can’t wait for it. How many issues does anybody know?

1 Like

Hey Redhood.55520 - Batman : The Long Halloween is 13 issues in total and is a fantastic read. I am very curious to hear what you think of it after you’ve read it!

Will Dark Victory be added too? I have Long Halloween already but I know Dark Victory is after the story of Long Halloween. I haven’t read Dark Victory. Is that going to be added too?

3 Likes

What issues are in New Teen Titans vol 4?

1 Like

^^^ 21 thru 27

3 Likes

Thank you! On 24 right now so hopefully this weekend I can read some other books here.

Hey mods! Does Death of Superman include Funeral for a Friend and Reign of the Supermen? Or are those sticking around for a little longer?

4 Likes

Oh, pook, pook. I thought The Long Halloween was going to be on the app today. Tomorrow is so, so far away. :wink: Seriously though is there a designated time that they do the updates?

1 Like

I would strongly reconsider removing Death of Superman and Titans. I think there is a lot of interest, and many are still working their way thru it. It would be a shame to lose out on this opportunity.

7 Likes

Is there going to be an update for what books are leaving 10/29?