Last Chance & Coming Soon: December 2020

I hope the DC You winner will get to have their gig produced for HBO Max when the time allows. To have it just be dust in the wind due to unforeseen circumstances is a real shame.

7 Likes

I was curious as to what would happen with the DC You, winners?

4 Likes

I’m hoping a 25th anniversary HD remaster for STAS will happen next year, and that HBO Max will be the exclusive streaming service for it.

If the remaster happens, I’ll happily buy it and watch it on HBO Max as well.

4 Likes

The Original Series
Will almost certainly stay

But HBO Max
Does not want
The more numerous
And casual users
To have to.plow
Through hundreds
of DC titles

That would obscure
Their most popular titles

A compromise
Would be to list the
Less popular stuff
In their own section
And link to that
In the main section

5 Likes

Those hundreds of DC titles will add to an already impressive content library. So it’s to their benefit to host that content, at least the most fan-favorite (DCAU) of it.

4 Likes

I paid for the movies and series. They’re getting rid of them? I have another ten months on this subscription.

3 Likes

Friend, you are paying to rent them unless you’re buying physical copies.

2 Likes

Some of it’s already there, so there’s hope.

1 Like

Also, if you didn’t opt in to DC Universe Infinite, your subscription will end when the last of the video content leaves and @Applejack please correct me if I’m wrong, but he’d be given some kind of prorated refund, wouldn’t he?

3 Likes

As I understand it right now, HBO Max is managing their own announcements, but we’ll absolutely parrot anything they release here :slight_smile: To stay super on top of everything, I’d recommend following their channels for a direct source.

5 Likes

Please reach out to our Help Center at yourdcu.com/submit for billing and technical details :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dunno, I need to get some gelato (“You can do it, Otto!”) then hit the Springfield Chili Festival. When HBO Max hits Roku, and with 4K, then maybe I’ll look up their MySpace page. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Losing these ones particularly sting

Hoping the animation and classic DC stuff that isn’t already on HBO Max eventually winds up there

3 Likes

Yay more Hawkman.

2 Likes

So what is going on here? What is this turning into? Is there anything that defines the changes they are making?

The site will have a new name
And be comics only

I believe today MAX did launch on the Amazon Fire stick, so progress is being made on that front!

1 Like

At least some of the stuff I’m binging (something I don’t like to do) is staggered before they disappear. It is really hard not to be bummed out by the change- I love having access to all the classic toons I grew up on at the ready, even just to float in the background of this solitary confinement kind of existence. This is what I get for falling in love with a streaming service, 2020 gets me in the sads yet again.

3 Likes

I hope it all comes to HBO Max

1 Like

Sorry, this is the image I have in my mind now: